Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2013 , 15:47   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by away000 View Post
Happens to me too, a better way to realy close the server process and them restart would be awsome.
All my want to this.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2013 , 15:07   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
I'm pleased to announce that the next version of seDirector will be 1.0 beta, followed by 1.0 (full version). In 1.0 beta, there have been about a dozen fixes - crash fixes, startup/looping fixes, GUI improvements, and automatic update support for ALL SteamPipe games that SourceMod supports (SteamTools extension is no longer required). The SourceMod plugin has been entirely rewritten and is much more effective in alerting players that the server is about to update.

There's an installer and a Windows service with 1.0 beta, too

I planned on releasing this tonight, but there are some final touches to finish up on. Tomorrow evening is the new goal, at the latest Thursday.

Thanks for reading!
Look forward to it
goodman854
Old 07-26-2013 , 04:27   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #103

When I hit the download link it just says "Connecting..." and refreshes the page. I can't seem to download it.

EDIT: Got an email for the new version. Downloaded that fine. Went to run it got an error.

Quote:
[SEH_AV_DEP_BADPTR] ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at address [0x984f840f]

*** Stack Trace (x86) ***

[0x984f840f] -----
[0x6c1c7abc] MsiSetOfflineContextW()
[0x6c08a3ec] MsiGetProductCodeW()
[0x6c0e5b82] MsiGetPropertyW()
[0x0135fb00] -----
[0x01373d7b] -----
[0x0137c4d6] -----
[0x0137bfd4] -----
[0x01376630] -----
[0x0136fccd] -----
[0x01375f8f] -----
[0x01375f5a] -----
[0x01373eea] -----
[0x01375c62] -----
[0x01319e31] -----
[0x0131a069] -----
[0x0131a7f5] -----
[0x01327912] -----
[0x777c9d72] RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
[0x777c9d45] RtlInitializeExceptionChain()

Last edited by goodman854; 07-26-2013 at 18:18.
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 20:34   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman854 View Post
When I hit the download link it just says "Connecting..." and refreshes the page. I can't seem to download it.

EDIT: Got an email for the new version. Downloaded that fine. Went to run it got an error.
Email me at support [at] ashersoftware [dot] [com] and we'll try a few things.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 20:35   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by away000 View Post
Happens to me too, a better way to realy close the server process and them restart would be awsome.
The latest as of today (1.0 beta) should help with this, and the version to come will query the server every so often to confirm if it's up or down.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 20:36   Re: [v0.9] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #106

Version 1.0 beta was released a few days ago!

stratusoutlaw
Old 07-29-2013 , 00:05   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #107

Thanks for this tool! I have only been using it for a few days now but so far it has worked without issue for my servers.
1x TF2
1x L4D2
2x CSGO
2X GMOD

I do have a few questions;
1. Any plans for HLDS support?
2. Any way to add a "custom server" option for unsupported games still using SRCDS (ex. Battle Grounds 2 mod), maybe use for HLDS?
3. Not sure that this is a bug but when I start seDirector, the servers do not automatically start up. I have to click All Servers > Start. Is there a setting or something I missed? Could this be added to start the servers on seDirector startup?
4. Can schedules be added (ex. midnight- servers shutdown, search for update/update, restart)?

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the other features,
Outlaw

Last edited by stratusoutlaw; 07-29-2013 at 00:12. Reason: thought of another question
Send a message via AIM to stratusoutlaw Send a message via Yahoo to stratusoutlaw
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-29-2013 , 02:07   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #108

Hey good job, L4D2 autoupdate is GREAT !!!
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-01-2013 , 15:09   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratusoutlaw View Post
1. Any plans for HLDS support?
2. Any way to add a "custom server" option for unsupported games still using SRCDS (ex. Battle Grounds 2 mod), maybe use for HLDS?
3. Not sure that this is a bug but when I start seDirector, the servers do not automatically start up. I have to click All Servers > Start. Is there a setting or something I missed? Could this be added to start the servers on seDirector startup?
4. Can schedules be added (ex. midnight- servers shutdown, search for update/update, restart)?

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the other features,
Outlaw
1.) Since CS 1.6 is still commonly played, support for HLDS may end up happening, but we're not sure if there's an audience out there for it. If anyone else would like to see this feature please chime in!
2.) There's no way to add a custom server option yet, but it is also being considered.
3.) This could be a bug - I'll check it out and let you know.
4.) We are working on a new tab for Server Properties called 'Tasks'. It will let you schedule times to restart, update, shutdown, run custom commands/scripts, etc. It should come out in the next version or two.

away000
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2013 , 16:53   Re: [v1.0b] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Window
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
1.) Since CS 1.6 is still commonly played, support for HLDS may end up happening, but we're not sure if there's an audience out there for it. If anyone else would like to see this feature please chime in!
2.) There's no way to add a custom server option yet, but it is also being considered.
3.) This could be a bug - I'll check it out and let you know.
4.) We are working on a new tab for Server Properties called 'Tasks'. It will let you schedule times to restart, update, shutdown, run custom commands/scripts, etc. It should come out in the next version or two.
That's nice, the 4 feature, a very nice feature is my opinion...