Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Client admin problems

Post New Thread Reply   

ReverendMR
Old 07-22-2010 , 21:29   Client admin problems
Reply With Quote #1

I want to be clear before I begin asking for troubleshooting advice. I don't know if the following issue is SRCD, Steam, or Sourcemod related; however, this community is far more sharper, reliable, and responsive then any others in the former two categories. At least beginning here I may be able to rule out sourcemod as the issue.

I run a dedicated TF2 achievement server on my main computer. In the past I was able to play whatever games I wished including connecting to my own server simultaneously. Since the last two updates I have not been able to connect to my own server without it first dropping the connection to Steam and kicking everyone off. I run only 3 additional plugins beyond what comes with the default Sourcemod package which include Class Restrict, RTD, and Advanced Commands.

Let me digress and explain in better detail. I turned off reserved slots thinking that was the issue. When ever I search for my server in my favorites tab and I auto retry to join as soon as there is an empty slot available the servers lose connection to Steam and everyone is kicked. It is at that point I am able to get on, but everyone else has to reconnect.

My goal is for this not to happen as I don't want to disrupt the vast majority of players to connect to my own server.

Now, is this a known problem and if so, is it a Sourcemod issue?

Additional details:

Metamod v.1.8.1
Sourcemod v.1.3.4
Windows 7 Professional
8 gbs ram
500 gbs HDD
Cable Modem hardwired to the computer 22 mbs/sec download

Suffice it to say I have the hardware to run my server and do just about anything else I want to do on my server.
ReverendMR
Old 07-23-2010 , 21:32   Re: Client admin problems
Reply With Quote #2

I think I discovered the problem: It was the spraytrace plugin I was using.

I had issues with server crashes during the war update with this plugin. It would make sense to some degree that it would cause issues once again.

I thought I would follow up for the 30+ people that looked in on this thread.