[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2011 , 02:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1291

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyNiK4L View Post
L 05/19/2011 - 20:49:57: [l4d_stats.smx] Failed to connect to database: [2013]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0 L 05/19/2011 - 20:49:57: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted L 05/19/2011 - 20:49:57: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Connecting to database failed. Read error log for further details. L 05/19/2011 - 20:49:57: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_stats.smx": L 05/19/2011 - 20:49:57: [SM] [0] Line 996, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/2/0/8/2/80462.attach::OnConfigsExecuted()

im getting this error and it seems its loaded but when i type sm_rankmenu in console it says unknown command
It is not loaded, as it is put to fail state. It can't connect to your DB. I don't know the cause of your problem, so you might want to use Google for your answer? [LINK]

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Crotan
Old 05-20-2011 , 20:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1292

Question regarding Google Analytics integration. Google tells me if I want to track php pages I can make another file with my tracking code and then just add in
Code:
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php") ?>
after the opening <body> tag.

Question is which template file should I put that in so to cover all the stats pages in one go?

layout.tpl?

Something else?

Thanks,
Crotan

Last edited by Crotan; 05-20-2011 at 20:15.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-21-2011 , 06:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotan View Post
Question regarding Google Analytics integration. Google tells me if I want to track php pages I can make another file with my tracking code and then just add in
Code:
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php") ?>
after the opening <body> tag.

Question is which template file should I put that in so to cover all the stats pages in one go?

layout.tpl?

Something else?

Thanks,
Crotan
I'm not sure how the tracking module works, but I would try adding it to the layout.tpl like this: (in between the comment line "end footer" and the end tag for "body")
PHP Code:
<!-- end footer -->
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php"?>
</body>

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Crotan
Old 05-21-2011 , 16:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
I'm not sure how the tracking module works, but I would try adding it to the layout.tpl like this: (in between the comment line "end footer" and the end tag for "body")
PHP Code:
<!-- end footer -->
<?php include_once("analyticstracking.php"?>
</body>
Thanks, I'll see if that works and check back in a few days. Next up doing the same for SourceBans
Old 05-25-2011 , 20:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1295

where is updatetable.php?
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2011 , 01:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1296

Quote:
where is updatetable.php?
Use install.php also to update. I think I wrote something about it to the first post?

SyNiK4L
Old 05-26-2011 , 13:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Use install.php also to update. I think I wrote something about it to the first post?
as many times as iv read thru that, and somehow i never read part. Another question....i had this working perfectly on my gameservers(clanservers) website i had.....problem is im only alloted 100mb and 1 mysql db for free...so i just went ahead and got my domain i was planning on buying anyways...from godaddy....now i have everything installed on the web side....and when the server starts, i dont get any errors in the log...but as soon as i connect to the server, it crashes....Also if i dont change anything besides the databases.cfg back to the old mysql db it works fine...i actually deleted the whole server installed MM and SM and threw only stats.amx,gamedata, and changed the database.cfg and it still crashes...cant figure out why...i figured if it was something i was mistyping when it came to the database it would show in logs....like it did when i was first trying to install this before....Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Last edited by SyNiK4L; 05-26-2011 at 14:15.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2011 , 01:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1298

Quote:
now i have everything installed on the web side....and when the server starts, i dont get any errors in the log...but as soon as i connect to the server, it crashes....Also if i dont change anything besides the databases.cfg back to the old mysql db it works fine...i actually deleted the whole server installed MM and SM and threw only stats.amx,gamedata, and changed the database.cfg and it still crashes...cant figure out why...i figured if it was something i was mistyping when it came to the database it would show in logs....like it did when i was first trying to install this before....Anyone have any idea whats going on?
Did I understand you correctly:
  • Your clean and newly installed server crashes when a player joins: Installed features are the basic elements for SM installation and the custom players stats plugin (configured to connect the new DB).
  • The server does not crash when a player joins, if you have configured the stats plugin to connect the old DB.
If I understood you correctly, I would suspect your new DB connection to crash the SM? I don't understand how can it crash the server so that it will leave no logs about the error? It can be that your configurations are faulty or somehow a firewall or some other system configuration between your game server and your DB server crashes your game server... unlikely, but I don't see much other options. It should still leave a trace at your logs?

SyNiK4L
Old 05-27-2011 , 16:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1299

Well i figured it out. For some reason the errors were going into the error log and never showed up in the normal log. so i wasnt seeing the problem. But apparently i installed it incorrectly, when it came to my hostname. I was using my hostname as the hostname and not the actual ip address....so somewhere it was conflicting and screwing it up....Not really sure why it was choosing to crash the server instead of just not loading the plugin like before. but either way i figured it out. thx for the help though
CFC_Jladanyi
Old 06-06-2011 , 08:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B105
Reply With Quote #1300

Hello,

First of all I want to say THANK YOU for all of your obviously HARD work on this plugin. I have it working just great on my L4D2 dedicated server. This plugin must have took months of work to do.. AGain. Thank you!!

I have one small problem I wanted to ask for help with though. I searched through the first 85 pages and did not find any one else with this problem so I thought I would post this question.

"answer could be in the last 20 or so pages"

I wanted to change the ammount of humans that needed to be in game in order for the plugin to enable the rank-stat tracking.

I found this line in the l4dstats.cfg.

// Minimum Human players before stats will be enabled
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "4.000000"
l4d_stats_minhumans "2"

I proceeded to change it to this

// Minimum Human players before stats will be enabled
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "1.000000"
// Maximum: "4.000000"
l4d_stats_minhumans "1"

The plugins still remains disabled for only 1 human player even after I changed the l4dstats.cfg and restarted the server. I even manually shut down the server and then deleted the old cfg and re-uploaded the new one, then restarted my server. the plugin is still disabled with only one human player.

Am I missing something I need to do in order for the plugin to track stats for only one player? I am not worried about ranks as much as I am the stat tracking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Agian. Thank you so much for the awesome plugin.