Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-18-2017 , 17:54   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
Would be cool if there was option to change respawn time in non-versus gamemodes or just overall, curently dying as si makes you respawn instantly and doing instakill as charger glitches out and teleports survivor catched by charger to your ghost location making it impossible to move and impossible to kill you because you are still attacking in ghost form
Thank you very much for pointing this out, I tested it out today and it's something I've always tried to reproduce and now I can. I'll try to fix this up in the next couple days. Thanks kot4404!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Quick question - testing with a friend.... (Friend is not admin - I am)

!join 2 will join Survivor
But !join menu shows 1. idler, 2 spec, 3 survivor (For him)

I am able to join SI from human - friend is not.

Just not sure what settings I'm doing wrong.

Appreciate the help if you know.

I'd like it to be 4x4 by default to start - and add slots as people join, up to 10v10. And the ability for someone to change their team to human or SI.

I think I have it working minus the menu issue?
Default is 4x4. Only admins can join SI from any mode that is non-Vs. Admins can also put non-admins onto SI from the menu in almost any mode. Admins to switch to SI only need the generic flag. You can try changing vs_max_team_switches to something high if you want people to change teams in vs. See the README for setting up a 10v10. Good luck!
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2017 , 03:30   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #332

Quote:
[...]
Looks like you're experiencing the infamous Ghost Charger bug/glitch. I might have the plugin that fixes that problem.

Last edited by cravenge; 12-19-2017 at 03:40.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-19-2017 , 03:36   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Looks like you're experiencing the Ghost Charger bug/glitch. I might have the plugin that fixes that problem.
I actually implemented a fix for it today and sent a private version of it to kot4404 to test. I haven't heard back from him yet but if you would like to test it, see the Gitlab homepage for ABM. I might go ahead and release 1.97 very soon on here for testing.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-19-2017 , 03:41   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #334

Hello Admin,

If you guys want to test 1.97, here it is. You can check the changelog to see the differences between 1.94 which is what is available for download from the main post and 1.97 which is what will soon be released if all is well. Please report any bugs. A gamedata file is required and you can use the gamedata file from the main post.

CHANGELOG
README
Attached Files
File Type: smx abm.smx (46.0 KB, 182 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 125 views - 100.6 KB)
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2017 , 04:16   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #335

A little advice on the code: When using EventHookMode_Pre, the callback must be Action because you're trying to change something before the event is being transmitted (is that the right word?) to the server and the clients. The callback must be void only if using EventHookMode_Post and EventHookMode_PostNoCopy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
[...]
I was talking about the charger instakilling/pounding a survivor in ghost mode. This takes all the way back to the demo version of L4D2.

Last edited by cravenge; 12-19-2017 at 04:19.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-19-2017 , 05:41   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippnc View Post
Here is a version of abm without autohard, SI spawning, left4downtown, and tankhp. It also has the ability for anyone to use the !csm command in chat to change your character using abm's "character select menu". Also no logfile is generated by this version of the plugin. Based on 0.1.96 from author's Gitlab. Enjoy all!
Thank you for your modifications but I am afraid I need to reject them. Please, do not release any plugins forked from ABM under the name of "ABM". You are free to modify and fork the source as long as you keep true to the licence. Please remove any and all outward references of "ABM" from your modifications as any changes you make (good or bad) will reflect poorly on the real ABM, confuse users and will unnecessarily make support for ABM tougher than it needs to be.

Change the name and author of the plugin and keep to the spirit of the licence. ABM's license protects your right to do this and you are welcome to take advantage of it. And, as a matter of respect, please create your own thread and keep all content matter regarding your works there.

Thank you and good luck
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2017 , 09:26   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Hello Admin,

If you guys want to test 1.97, here it is. You can check the changelog to see the differences between 1.94 which is what is available for download from the main post and 1.97 which is what will soon be released if all is well. Please report any bugs. A gamedata file is required and you can use the gamedata file from the main post.

CHANGELOG
README
Will test this out soon. I upgraded to 1.96 like a month ago and was wondering why it wasn't released here.
Old 12-19-2017 , 11:23   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #338

I have tested the instakill method and this update eliminated the too fast respawn problem, however it also removed the default respawn times in modes that had built in working ones [i.a versus survival, some others probably too (but can't actually confirm that, as few random ones I picked were actually working; so maybe survival uses other method?) but survival is the most important]

On the other hand it created another bug, where you actually cannot change your team the default way by clicking M because it makes you idle (if you were survivor) or moves you to spectator (if you were infected)
chatyak
Old 12-20-2017 , 02:21   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #339

Tested this tonight with 7 v 7 versus... a few comments:

Works well for adding dynamically - awesome. However a few issues:

1) People join in on spec every single round on load in - and aren't able to switch themselves with "M". It says teams are full if more than 8.

2) Sometimes the infected team is forced spawn in before round starts (whole team is spawned).

3) When someone joins, someone on the other team is sometimes moved to spec or changes teams.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 12-20-2017 , 05:53   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-06-17)
Reply With Quote #340

Quote:
I have tested the instakill method and this update eliminated the too fast respawn problem, however it also removed the default respawn times in modes that had built in working ones [i.a versus survival, some others probably too (but can't actually confirm that, as few random ones I picked were actually working; so maybe survival uses other method?) but survival is the most important]

On the other hand it created another bug, where you actually cannot change your team the default way by clicking M because it makes you idle (if you were survivor) or moves you to spectator (if you were infected)
Not a bug but an early and untested feature I meant to turn off but forgot. I did fix it and it should work in versus now but it's off by default and can be enabled again for testing with the experiment cvar _abm_wrapswitch (notice the _ prefix). It was meant to wrap jointeam as using jointeam without the wrap can introduce clones in a campaign. Anyhow, with it off by default, it shouldn't get in your way but I'd appreciate any testing with it enabled if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Tested this tonight with 7 v 7 versus... a few comments:

Works well for adding dynamically - awesome. However a few issues:

1) People join in on spec every single round on load in - and aren't able to switch themselves with "M". It says teams are full if more than 8.

2) Sometimes the infected team is forced spawn in before round starts (whole team is spawned).

3) When someone joins, someone on the other team is sometimes moved to spec or changes teams.
Point 1 is fixed (see my response to kot4404). Points 2 and 3 will be hard to fix as I can't reproduce them but if you're changing mp_gamemode from versus to coop or vice versa mid game, don't do it. I try to cover such a scenario but changing the game mode midgame is a bad idea. Otherwise if you know how to reliably walk me through duplicating the issues, I appreciate it.

I'm uploading 1.97a which fixes the main concerns of 1.97. I appreciate any feedback
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (abm.sp - 121 views - 101.3 KB)
File Type: smx abm.smx (46.3 KB, 131 views)
File Type: txt abm.txt (2.1 KB, 124 views)