Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.

Post New Thread Reply   

ipek
Old 05-07-2017 , 03:19   [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

As of today, I'm having trouble while downloading AppID 90 (HLDS + Cstrike) using SteamCMD on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Ironically, "app_update 90 validate" command shouldn't have installed my server in the first try. As all we know, App ID 90 is buggy and we must retry "app_update 90 validate" command until it fully installs server files.

~

So today, when I try to install AppID 90 it goes like this on CLI: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24528824/
It surprisingly installed the server in the first try. But something was going wrong.

When I changed the directory to '~/.steam/steamcmd/cs16' directory, I saw there are lack of files and directories. There must be a 'cstrike' folder there but there isn't as you can check output here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24528830/

I tested the 'hlds_run' if it runs 'cstrike' but failed (it says there is no such game 'cstrike'): http://paste.ubuntu.com/24528838/

Note that, I both tried SteamCMD by downloading it from repositories (apt install steamcmd) and directly downloading the 'tar.gz' file from Steam's Akamai CDN so using 'steamcmd.sh' but both not worked. I also installed all possible required dependencies including 'build-essential, software-properties-common, libgcc1/lib32stdc++6'. So the server is fully up-to-date surely.

* I also tried 'app_update 90 -beta beta validate' and 'app_set_config 90 mod cstrike / app_update 90 validate'. But none of them worked too.

~

To ensure if that problem is only related with App ID 90, I installed 740 (SRCDS + CS:GO Server) in place of it and it succesfully worked.

~

Do you have the same issues today? Or any idea to help me fixing it?

Last edited by ipek; 05-14-2017 at 10:53.
kazar
Old 05-08-2017 , 09:02   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #2

I am experiencing the same issue with "app_update 90 validate" on my Debian box. I guess, most interesting log file is content_log.txt I found suspicious the following records:

Code:
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 90 state changed : Fully Installed,
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 70 state changed : Uninstalled, (Missing configuration)
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] Uninstalled AppID 70 (Missing configuration)
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 90 scheduler finished : removed from schedule
I googled and found that Half-Life has steam id 70, I decided to simply try this:

Code:
steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 70 validate +quit
And got "ERROR! Failed to install app '70' (No subscription)". I tried "app_update 90" once again, but nothing changed. After that I somehow recalled this article. It describes a workaround for an old bug with "app_update 90" and there are 3 appmanifest files for that. And IDs are 90, 70 and 10.

I checked my steamcmd logs once again and found no mention of app ID 10. Googling showed that it's Counter-Strike. After that I mysteriously managed to install HLDS by doing this:

Code:
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 90 validate +quit
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 70 validate +quit || :
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 10 validate +quit || :
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 90 validate +quit
Don't ask me why it works I have no idea. Maybe someone from this forum or steam/valve can shed more light on this issue and fix the root cause.
ipek
Old 05-09-2017 , 00:01   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazar View Post
I am experiencing the same issue with "app_update 90 validate" on my Debian box. I guess, most interesting log file is content_log.txt I found suspicious the following records:

Code:
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 90 state changed : Fully Installed,
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 70 state changed : Uninstalled, (Missing configuration)
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] Uninstalled AppID 70 (Missing configuration)
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 90 scheduler finished : removed from schedule
I googled and found that Half-Life has steam id 70, I decided to simply try this:

Code:
steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 70 validate +quit
And got "ERROR! Failed to install app '70' (No subscription)". I tried "app_update 90" once again, but nothing changed. After that I somehow recalled this article. It describes a workaround for an old bug with "app_update 90" and there are 3 appmanifest files for that. And IDs are 90, 70 and 10.

I checked my steamcmd logs once again and found no mention of app ID 10. Googling showed that it's Counter-Strike. After that I mysteriously managed to install HLDS by doing this:

Code:
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 70 validate +quit || :
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 10 validate +quit || :
Don't ask me why it works I have no idea. Maybe someone from this forum or steam/valve can shed more light on this issue and fix the root cause.
Yes. Resolved the issue by using the same fix by Daniel Gibbs.

I understand its logic. So, SteamCMD simply downloads the server files in chunks (part by part from about 5000 chunks). Probably some of them must be failed or our VM must've lost connections between chunk servers and SteamCMD never tries to re-install the lost chunks. That's why HLDS is installed malformed.

I had a look on Daniel Gibbs' fix. He just edits manifest files and changes the download stats to 0 as it's never tried to install. Finally, SteamCMD should reread those manifest files and when saw the stats are 0, it just re-installs the server and validates the downloaded content.
kazar
Old 05-09-2017 , 07:15   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipek View Post
Yes. Resolved the issue by using the same fix by Daniel Gibbs.
Hm, strange, because it didn't work for me. Daniel says

"Once the first download attempt is completed SteamCMD will of created a directory with a long name similar to the following within the install directory:

ec5da605084840d3d7b3ed355e48c098b28a1bd5 appmanifest folder"

but it's not about my steamcmd which I take from here (official src from valve's wiki). Did you put those appmanifest files into steamapps (inside your $force_install_dir) folder? Or somewhere else?
ipek
Old 05-14-2017 , 10:52   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazar View Post
Hm, strange, because it didn't work for me. Daniel says

"Once the first download attempt is completed SteamCMD will of created a directory with a long name similar to the following within the install directory:

ec5da605084840d3d7b3ed355e48c098b28a1bd5 appmanifest folder"

but it's not about my steamcmd which I take from here (official src from valve's wiki). Did you put those appmanifest files into steamapps (inside your $force_install_dir) folder? Or somewhere else?
Switch to your $force_install_dir and empty the "steamapps" folder. Afterwards, download those 3 manifest files (10, 70 and 90) from <https://github.com/dgibbs64/HLDS-appmanifest> and move them into "steamapps" directory. Finally, run "steamcmd" and set $force_install_dir to same which you used before. Then run app_update and it will nicely get it set up.

** It may fail to download in first try or take some long time that you can consider it's stuck. Ignore it, it's running as expected.
Ticketry
Old 05-23-2017 , 18:51   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #6

I'm experiencing this same issue and I'm running Windows 2008 R2 Server, I'm not sure of a quick fix but knowing Valve they are in no hurry to fix this.
ipek
Old 05-25-2017 , 12:09   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketry View Post
I'm experiencing this same issue and I'm running Windows 2008 R2 Server, I'm not sure of a quick fix but knowing Valve they are in no hurry to fix this.
The fix should work for both Win and Lin.
ipek
Old 05-25-2017 , 12:33   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticketry View Post
And also, it looks like Valve is tracking the issue. Look at the SS below:

4 days ago, somebody else having the same problem opened an issue in Valve's GitHub:

Their reference is shown on my issue:
Phant
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2017 , 10:40   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #9

It's strange, but I can not find directory with random generated long name:
Quote:
Once the first download attempt is completed SteamCMD will of created a directory with a long name similar to the following within the install directory
Send a message via ICQ to Phant
ipek
Old 06-05-2017 , 12:30   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phant View Post
It's strange, but I can not find directory with random generated long name:
I didn't have the random named folder neither. Maybe he was using a different OS or SteamCMD version, I don't know.