Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Item donation plugin [TF2]

Post New Thread Reply   

Mr.Tickles
Old 04-24-2014 , 15:09   Item donation plugin [TF2]
Reply With Quote #1

First off I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section. This request is a rather tall order and was not certain what category would fit it best.

Purpose of plugin:
I currently run a small to medium sized Team Fortress 2 community (seven servers). As of right now the only way we accept donations is via paypal. We already have a plugin that automatically adds our donors to our vip system for perks using both sourcebans and mysql databases.

However I want to expand our donation options to allow for in game item donations such as keys, refined metal, and hats. This way our members who do not have access to a paypal or credit card still have a way to contribute to the community via in game currency.

What I need/want it to do:

My understanding of coding plugins and what not is limited (I have others who handle much of the technical side of running our servers) so forgive me if what I request is difficult/impossible to pull off

I would like it to do the following:
When a player types a command (such as !donateitem) I would like a steam account to add the player to their friends list. Once the friend request is accepted the bot will message them the accepted items list and how much would be needed per month of VIP and to trade them when they are ready to donate.

Once the trade is initiated the bot will only accept the trade if there is enough of a particular item to qualify for one month VIP. Once finished the VIP would be added to our database for the duration donated for.

If the bot is busy in another trade it will inform the requester.

Nice things to have but depending on difficulty not necessary.

1.The ability to expand the trade bot to more then one if our need for it increases.
2. The bot would be able to queue up donation requests if more then one is received at a time.

I know this is a tall order and I am willing to pay for the work if the price is within a reasonable amount. (We can talk about price via PM's.)

Technical details:
I am running the servers themselves on a windows 2012 VDS. The mysql databases and website are run on a separate linux machine. If more details are needed let me know.
RTWNick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-05-2014 , 15:21   Re: Item donation plugin [TF2]
Reply With Quote #2

What you can do is get someone to make your the bot so that when it gets the correct amount, it loggs it to MYSQl. Then you can get someone to make you a script to sync that in your database

-Edit-

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=221742 - Webpanel system that uses Sourcebans to add donors. It is a automated Paypal system that auto deletes expired donators.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=252 - Bot sync capability.

I know of someone who can make you a custom MYSQL bot. PM me for his name.

Last edited by RTWNick; 05-06-2014 at 15:18.