Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Spawns L4D1 Survivor Bots
    Old 04-13-2015 , 22:31   [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #1

About : This small plugin simply adds the L4D1 survivors at the start of the campaign, it also checks to see if they haven't spawned every time a player spawns.

How it works :
    This plugin spawns the passing L4D1 bots, these bots have special weapon preferences, meaning they have the correct weapon preferences they are supposed to have from L4D1, such as Louis liking rifles instead of having coach preferences, Zoey using snipers instead of just having Rochelle preferences, etc.

Do note that this plugin only checks to see if the survivors exist as a bot, if say, a player is Louis, but there are no Louis bots, this plugin will spawn a Louis bot.

This plugin also automatically disables itself in the 1st and 3rd map of the passing as spawning L4D1 bots in those maps will simply spawn L4D2 survivors instead.

CVARs :
    Code:
    // Enable Zoey spawn? (0 = No, 1 = Yes, IF USING WINDOWS DISABLE ZOEY SPAWN)
    // -
    // Default: "0"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    enable_zoey "0"
    Code:
    Version 1.0    03-23-2015
    - Initial Release
    To DO :
    Code:
    - Requests(?)

NOTE :By Default this plugin disables Zoey spawning, if you have a Linux server set enable_zoey to 1 in the cfg created by this plugin, which will be named [L4D2] L4D1 Survivor Spawner.cfg
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner.zip (6.8 KB, 3135 views)

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 04-13-2015 at 22:38.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 10-04-2015 , 06:34   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
    What do you mean that Zoey cannot work in Windows?

Zoey works fine for my Windows. Next time you should check before you say that Zoey doesn't work on Windows.

I wanted to post some pictures for proof, but i don't know how.

P.S. Please tell me how to post pictures!
    So you're claiming that I do not know how the plugin I wrote works, how nice...

Did the recent update fix it?

Ever since the EMS update back in 2013, using Zoey in a L4D2 campaign instantly crashes the game on a windows server, I'll have to test it out and see.

Edit: I have updated my game and Zoey is still crashing, will update the LAN server and see what results that bring.

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 10-04-2015 at 10:03.
    alex42a
    Old 11-20-2015 , 05:22   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #3

Hi, DeathChaos, I have an issue when using this plugin:
    The L4D1 Survivors(Bill, Francis, Louis) spawned on map start, I set my l4d_survivor_limit(Super Versus) to 5,
    and make one of them become Zoey, but after I leave the saferoom, 2 Random L4D2 Survivors suddenly disappeared, left only their primary weapons, medkits, molotov and pain_pills, like get kicked.
    Merudo
    Old 02-18-2016 , 18:12   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #4

Hi DeathChaos25,

The mod gives me the error message "exec: couldn't exec sourcemod\[L4D2]" when I start my server.

It seems like the name you gave the .cfg file prevents it from being loaded. I changed

Code:
    AutoExecConfig(true, "[L4D2] L4D1 Survivor Spawner");
    to
    Code:
    AutoExecConfig(true, "L4D1_Survivor_Spawner");
    and it works now.

Also, is there any hope to make this compatible with your "Fake Zoey" plugin?

Last edited by Merudo; 02-18-2016 at 21:06.
    Merudo
    Old 02-18-2016 , 20:40   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alex42a View Post
    Hi, DeathChaos, I have an issue when using this plugin:
    The L4D1 Survivors(Bill, Francis, Louis) spawned on map start, I set my l4d_survivor_limit(Super Versus) to 5,
    and make one of them become Zoey, but after I leave the saferoom, 2 Random L4D2 Survivors suddenly disappeared, left only their primary weapons, medkits, molotov and pain_pills, like get kicked.
    You set l4d_survivor_limit to 5 and L4D1 Survivors Spawner spawns 7 survivors, what did you expect?
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-18-2016 , 21:38   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
    So you're claiming that I do not know how the plugin I wrote works, how nice...

Did the recent update fix it?

Ever since the EMS update back in 2013, using Zoey in a L4D2 campaign instantly crashes the game on a windows server, I'll have to test it out and see.

Edit: I have updated my game and Zoey is still crashing, will update the LAN server and see what results that bring.
    This is valve's doing, back before EMS, it was Bill that had issues now its Zoey. Not only that, Zoey on L4D Maps constantly spams missing Gesture actions of Head nodding, and Head Shaking...are they stupid? Meanwhile back in the Ranch (Steam Support), they tell me to verify steam cache.

Those mother fers better start listening, my cache is fine! Its the port that is bad.
    Old 02-21-2017 , 17:58   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
    About : This small plugin simply adds the L4D1 survivors at the start of the campaign, it also checks to see if they haven't spawned every time a player spawns.

How it works :
    This plugin spawns the passing L4D1 bots, these bots have special weapon preferences, meaning they have the correct weapon preferences they are supposed to have from L4D1, such as Louis liking rifles instead of having coach preferences, Zoey using snipers instead of just having Rochelle preferences, etc.

Do note that this plugin only checks to see if the survivors exist as a bot, if say, a player is Louis, but there are no Louis bots, this plugin will spawn a Louis bot.

This plugin also automatically disables itself in the 1st and 3rd map of the passing as spawning L4D1 bots in those maps will simply spawn L4D2 survivors instead.

CVARs :
    Code:
    // Enable Zoey spawn? (0 = No, 1 = Yes, IF USING WINDOWS DISABLE ZOEY SPAWN)
    // -
    // Default: "0"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    enable_zoey "0"
    Code:
    Version 1.0    03-23-2015
    - Initial Release
    To DO :
    Code:
    - Requests(?)

NOTE :By Default this plugin disables Zoey spawning, if you have a Linux server set enable_zoey to 1 in the cfg created by this plugin, which will be named [L4D2] L4D1 Survivor Spawner.cfg
    So, Zoey won't work? How come?
    doctorandthetardis11
    Old 12-23-2021 , 14:41   Re: [L4D2] L4D1 Survivors Spawner
    Reply With Quote #8

it doesnt work anymore, it just causes me to disconnect from the server as soon as i join