Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)

Post New Thread Reply   

DeathChaos25
Old 06-05-2014 , 20:50   [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone!

Tired of Zoey not working on your windows server on L4D2 campaigns?
Tired of L4D2 survivors only being available as skins on L4D campaigns?

Well, this plugin aims to remedy that. By having a character's player model, you will speak and talk like said character..

Or at least, that is what I am hoping to accomplish with this plugin.

This plugins is based on the natives found within Mr.Zero's Vocalize Fatigue 2 found here, which is also required for this plugin to run. I also took a code snippet from Silver's Gear Transfer, which in turn, was a snippet from AtomikStryker's Vocalize anything.

As of now, these are the vocalizations that have been implemented and are working;

~~~ Reloading,
~~~ A player asking to cover them to allow them to heal,
~~~ A player telling another player that he/she will heal them,
~~~ Relaxed sigh (sound made after using a med kit),

The Q&A Radial Menu (found on the X key by default), which includes;
~~~~~~~~
Laughing,
Yes,
No,
Asking ready,
Cursing/swearing (Argh!),
Taunting,
Apologizing (Sorry!),
Thanking someone (Thanks!),
Celebrating (Hurrah!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and the "Look out!" command.

This is the first plugin I have ever developed (pardon the messy code), and so far, I can say I have enjoyed writing this plugin as of now, and I shall continue to try and do so, however, some vocalizations are tied to events rather than any actual commands, so these will be challenging to implement, but I have no doubt they can be done, reloading, and all 3 healing related actions (healing yourself, healing someone else, and the relief sound after healing) were not affected if treated normally, so I simply tackled the events tied to them.

Here's a video demonstration of what works so far, and I'm proud to say that, with the exception of AskReady (the bots don't respond to the player like normal), and a very few mismatched vocalization, this plugin looks like it could actually accomplish it's goal in the future.

Thoughts?

PS : Sorry if my English is weird or anything, as I am not a native speaker.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (Model Vocalization.sp - 493 views - 47.0 KB)
File Type: smx Model Vocalization.smx (16.4 KB, 537 views)
Ellie
Old 06-06-2014 , 17:24   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #2

Cool. Glad you liked my idea. Nice work
DeathChaos25
Old 06-07-2014 , 09:55   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Cool. Glad you liked my idea. Nice work
Yep, the idea's been floating on my mind since forever, but since I know next to nothing about source pawn, I always thought I wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Installing Linux was no good since I run my server on the client pc, so I decided, that if I wanted a working Zoey, I would have to do something about it myself.

As soon as my schedule free up, I work on adding more vocalizations, as I already know which events they are tied to, and these are;

Spoiler

these are the events that I know, as of now, that have a vocalization tied to them, if you know any more, let me know ;p
bazrael
Old 08-29-2014 , 05:17   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #4

What's the command to change player model? Is it possible that admin change other players' model or bot's model?
LoneBat
Old 09-15-2014 , 04:38   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
L 09/15/2014 - 160:22: SourceMod error session started
L 09/15/2014 - 160:22: Info (map "c3m1_plankcountry") (file "errors_20140915.log")
L 09/15/2014 - 160:22: [SM] Unable to load plugin "Model Vocalization.smx": Could not find required plugin "vocalizefatigue"
L 09/15/2014 - 1606: Error log file session closed.
L 09/15/2014 - 1606: SourceMod error session started
L 09/15/2014 - 1606: Info (map "c3m1_plankcountry") (file "errors_20140915.log")
L 09/15/2014 - 1606: [SM] Unable to load plugin "Model Vocalization.smx": Could not find required plugin "vocalizefatigue"
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2016 , 10:32   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #6

Hi DeathChaos, I really love all your plugins especially for Zoey since she is my favorite character. In return, I'll gladly help you finish this plugin. I noticed Coach's and Nick's PlayerYes Vocalizations (i_Min and i_Max) are swapped in the plugin's codes and whenever using the chainsaw and pressing RELOAD, it will vocalize (cause of weapon_ prefix before chainsaw), however, I fixed them.

I'll post my version of your plugin when I'm done doing some tweaks. I added PlayerMoveOn, PlayerLeadOn, and PlayerImWithYou Vocalizations for now, also OnPlayerIncapacitated, OnPlayerHurt, OnReviveSuccess for event hooks.

Note: I found a way for other survivors (only bots) to respond to PlayerAskReady And PlayerMoveOn Vocalizations.
Merudo
Old 04-07-2016 , 15:07   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #7

I'm excited with your new version cravenge. It would great to have l4d2 survivors work better in l4d1 campaigns.

It would be good to have compatibility with fakezoey, too.

In any case I think the plugin will likely be good enough to release in the "plugin" selection. I missed it the first time around because it is in "Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests".

Last edited by Merudo; 04-07-2016 at 17:56.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2016 , 21:58   Re: [L4D2] Vocalize Based on Player Model (Early Concept release)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
I'm excited with your new version cravenge. It would great to have l4d2 survivors work better in l4d1 campaigns.

It would be good to have compatibility with fakezoey, too.

In any case I think the plugin will likely be good enough to release in the "plugin" selection. I missed it the first time around because it is in "Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests".
Thanks, it's my first time but may I suggest if you want l4d2 survivors in l4d1 campaigns, you may use Force L4D2 Survivors Set Plugin from DeathChaos' FakeZoey post because that's what I am using in my servers.

EDIT: All vocalizations work if using said plugin but mine is only for Zoey and Francis because for some reasons in Windows 10, Francis crashes for me.

Last edited by cravenge; 04-08-2016 at 00:53. Reason: More Info