Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !nametag]

Post New Thread Reply   

kgns
Old 01-09-2019 , 19:31   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
@kgns

weapons and gloves
i have checked shavit's pull request and decided that there is no memory leak in the end. i dont think he tested those changes himself before sending a PR.

those values look absolutely correct if you are using only 3 languages in either addons/sourcemod/configs/languages.cfg file or in addons/sourcemod/configs/weapons/ folder

OyunHost Sunucu Hizmetleri: https://www.oyunhost.net
arcticx2
Old 01-09-2019 , 19:49   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgns View Post
i have checked shavit's pull request and decided that there is no memory leak in the end. i dont think he tested those changes himself before sending a PR.

those values look absolutely correct if you are using only 3 languages in either addons/sourcemod/configs/languages.cfg file or in addons/sourcemod/configs/weapons/ folder
what if we use only 1 ? will it reduce the memory usage ? ( silly Q i guess )
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2019 , 20:03   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #563

Quote:

I only have 3 languages to be honest..

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticx2 View Post
what if we use only 1 ? will it reduce the memory usage ? ( silly Q i guess )
good question
Old 01-09-2019 , 21:01   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #564

you dont even need to worry about the memory usage of these addons. making it use 40kb instead of 80kb will not be any useful to you, its already low

if there was a memory leak, then that was a problem since a memory leak means the plugin would use increasing amounts of memory (because of a coding error).

if you want to squeeze some kb of ram usage out of plugins, start with store.smx

Last edited by kgns; 01-09-2019 at 21:11.
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2019 , 22:17   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #565

lol store.smx has +500000000000000000000 lines
Old 01-09-2019 , 22:53   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
lol store.smx has +500000000000000000000 lines
i see you not getting my point

arcticx2
Old 01-10-2019 , 09:09   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #567

Quote:
you dont even need to worry about the memory usage of these addons. making it use 40kb instead of 80kb will not be any useful to you, its already low

if there was a memory leak, then that was a problem since a memory leak means the plugin would use increasing amounts of memory (because of a coding error).

if you want to squeeze some kb of ram usage out of plugins, start with store.smx
yes you are right, if it remains that much its not a leak thanks for your great plugin
mairomaster
Old 01-15-2019 , 04:16   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #568

Hi guys. Amazing work with the plugin! I set up a local server yesterday and installed the plugin. Everything works great, apart from a little problem. The stattrak option doesn't seem to work. The weapon skins always have stattrak, no matter if I enable or disable the setting. I tried dropping the weapons, buying them again, toggling the option multiple times but nothing worked. It's also interesting that even skin that normally don't have stattrak version still have it enabled - like the Dragon Lore for example.

Any ideas?
kgns
Old 01-15-2019 , 05:07   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by mairomaster View Post
Hi guys. Amazing work with the plugin! I set up a local server yesterday and installed the plugin. Everything works great, apart from a little problem. The stattrak option doesn't seem to work. The weapon skins always have stattrak, no matter if I enable or disable the setting. I tried dropping the weapons, buying them again, toggling the option multiple times but nothing worked. It's also interesting that even skin that normally don't have stattrak version still have it enabled - like the Dragon Lore for example.

Any ideas?
its been a long time since i tested this but iirc, if your own skin for that weapon slot has stattrak, you will have stattrak no matter what (again, not too sure about it)

just test it with an empty account

paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-17-2019 , 22:38   Re: [CSGO] Weapon & Knives (Skins, Name Tags, StatTrak, Wear/Float) [!ws !knife !name
Reply With Quote #570

Link PTah offline... Would anyone have the latest version of it?

http://ptah.zizt.ru/