Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S] VIPMod

Post New Thread Reply   

Sagenth
Old 02-07-2011 , 15:28   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #101

Sweet I am looking forward to seeing this on servers. If only I had my own! If only.
shyriu42
Old 02-07-2011 , 18:43   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #102

hi peoples are not very pretty for this mod because i fight sinces more weeks and ask a simple question but no answering so thank you for your help so i decided to remove this plugin really thanks ..... there s no really so more people wants play this mod at finality.. i m disapointed ..
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2011 , 01:08   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #103

I hope to see this approved in the coming weeks. I plan to get a test server up within the next few.
Old 02-08-2011 , 01:17   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyriu42 View Post
hi peoples are not very pretty for this mod because i fight sinces more weeks and ask a simple question but no answering so thank you for your help so i decided to remove this plugin really thanks ..... there s no really so more people wants play this mod at finality.. i m disapointed ..
I'm so confused. If you're referring to me, I got Keeper (afaik still the Mani Maintainer) involved who believes that it's an issue with you loading Mani via the VSP loading method. If you were to load it via SourceMM (MetaMod:Source), chances are there the crashes would not continue (This was posted in the topic).

Current issues that I'm aware of are (*):
- VIP is not stripped of his weapons when he's selected at round start (regression from previous versions).

Current Suggestions (*):
- Class Manager: Configurability for FBI/VIP/whatever classes you want to make.
- Protect the VIP Sound at round start.
- Multiple VIPs?
- Game Description change to make the mod more globalized.

Unless of course you're talking about this mod being globally dead.

* = This is just what I'm remembering, there could be more, I'll ensure to look over the 11 pages once more when I have time to continue on this.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2011 , 06:17   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #105

The questions in this thread are drowning. If a question isn't answered within two posts people forget it.

Since you don't have your own forum, you could need a issue tracker (and maybe commit your code to a VCS like SVN or Mercurial). Google Code seems to be nice for this project, or whatever you like to use.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 02-08-2011 , 09:17   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle12 View Post
Current issues that I'm aware of are (*):
- VIP is not stripped of his weapons when he's selected at round start (regression from previous versions).
- If the VIP changes teams then there will be no VIP on the team for the round. Round doesn't end, etc.
- If the VIP is assassinated, the T's don't gain a point for winning the round. This may also apply when the VIP escapes as it uses the same method of terminating the round but I haven't tested that.

Edit: Reproducible Crash

Start server -> Change map -> Escape as VIP -> Crash

The server was started on as_oilrig_dj, and mapchanged to as_oilrig_dj.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 02-09-2011 at 01:18.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-09-2011 , 03:40   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Edit: Reproducible Crash

Start server -> Change map -> Escape as VIP -> Crash

The server was started on as_oilrig_dj, and mapchanged to as_oilrig_dj.
If you're on Linux, could you install Accelerator?

EDIT: Will setup a Google Code repository (should be way more efficient with reporting bugs, and people can track my progress).

http://code.google.com/p/vipmod-css/ - Will setup later today, if anyone wants to early file, by all means go for it.

Last edited by KyleS; 02-09-2011 at 03:55.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2011 , 06:02   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #108

Sorry, forgot to mention that it's a Windows server. It seems that the crash was caused by me manually precaching the chopper model using the Downloader plugin. So it looks like it's unrelated to the base VIP package as of now.
krispx
Old 02-13-2011 , 02:51   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #109

Hi allz,
who can help me about weapons, cuz the vip can grap weapons during the round and the next round ?
if i need use another plugin for restrict i'm ok but which ? and how configure ?

I use mm:s 1.8.5 and sm 1.3.6 thx for reply

Last edited by krispx; 02-13-2011 at 02:53.
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-13-2011 , 03:22   Re: [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispx View Post
Hi allz,
who can help me about weapons, cuz the vip can grap weapons during the round and the next round ?
if i need use another plugin for restrict i'm ok but which ? and how configure ?

I use mm:s 1.8.5 and sm 1.3.6 thx for reply
Hi Krispx,

I'm nearly done rewriting this (how it should have originally been written). I'm trying to cram as much into this release as possible, however it's going to be lacking a couple things that I said I'd do previously. They will come, all further feature requests are going to have to be done via the bug tracker. They will be sadly ignored (easy way for me to keep track) if they're only posted in this thread, I'll lose them.

This bug has been fixed, along with quite a few others. Just ensuring there are no errors then I'm going to push 1.2.0.

Last edited by KyleS; 02-13-2011 at 03:25.