Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

nezinu5
Old 02-13-2008 , 09:58   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_One View Post
nezinu5 is there any specific reason you're using 2 hidden slots?

I am running a 25 slot TF2 server with 25 maxvisible and 1 reserved slot.

Works fine for me. When the server's at 24/25 the 25th slot does fill up occasionally with public players connecting but they're very quickly kicked leaving the 25th slot free for an admin.

I preferred this method than hiding the slots as I didn't feel like to educating everyone on how to use the connect command in console.
I use them for the reason that if they are hidden, then players can always set auto-join to server and they dont have to write in console repeatedly connect serveraddress. He is able to simply turn on autoconnect. And if one of the public slots becomes free, then he managse to succesfully connect to server and is not dropped after connection.
You said: "When the server's at 24/25 the 25th slot does fill up occasionally with public players connecting but they're very quickly kicked leaving the 25th slot free for an admin." So here is the problem. It doesnt matter- if i am hiding these slots or not- it happens too often that reserved slots are also full and sometimes i have to wait even some 60 seconds to get in my server. It's too long time.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2008 , 10:29   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #202

Our admins also use auto-retry and connect after the 25th slot is freed.
They just don't use the connect command but instead join from the normal server browser.

I don't see it as being a huge problem that on some occasions the reserved slot is tied up and admins need to wait a short while to connect.

Perhaps !red can do something to speed that up but I think, since we're using the redirect option, it's about as fast as it can be.
Old 02-13-2008 , 13:40   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #203

okay, the 2. hrs_status dump show correct behaviour. did you check with the test-version posted on the last page? there is only a minor change to the current official version which may fix your problem.
nezinu5
Old 02-13-2008 , 14:47   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #204

Yes, as i said- this hrs_status output is exactly with the test-version from your post from the last page.
nezinu5
Old 02-13-2008 , 14:50   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #205

SBut i star to think that maybe all is fine. Just like Extreme_One said- maybe it is normal that very often even those who have slots have to wait to get in the server? cause these 2 players from my last hrs_status (for exmple):
hreserved_slots] id: 31, name: not connected, immunity: unkickable
and [hreserved_slots] id: 25, name: not connected, immunity: unkickable
maybe these are like targets but they havent yet connected and that's why can't be kicked. And only when they fully join the server, they get kicked, and i with my slot can get in the server. But should it really be so?
red!
Old 02-13-2008 , 17:14   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #206

I am not sure want you intented to tell me. If the public slots are filled up and two admins join at the same time, the reserved slots will be blocked for something about 15-30 seconds - depending on how long the connection procedure needs. If the plugin says "not connected" it means the slot is free. so, when there are two slots marked as "not connected" these are your reserved slots. That's how the plugin works. So, the last dump looks okay, the first does not or at least, it should not stay that way for a long time.
nezinu5
Old 02-13-2008 , 18:02   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #207

I meant- what happens when two non-admins (with no slots) connect server through console (not from favorite servers or servers' browser). Cause when even non-admins connect through console, they can connect till they join the server, and only then they get kicked to free slots. So there is really some moment when server is full and there are no free reserved slots.
red!
Old 02-13-2008 , 18:06   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezinu5 View Post
I meant- what happens when two non-admins (with no slots) connect server through console (not from favorite servers or servers' browser). Cause when even non-admins connect through console, they can connect till they join the server, and only then they get kicked to free slots. So there is really some moment when server is full and there are no free reserved slots.
thats right. I need them to join and to authenticate with sourcemod for any adminrights to be granted. I can not reject them before connecting, due to a missing sourcemod telepathy-interface.
Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2008 , 03:53   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by red! View Post
... I can not reject them before connecting, due to a missing sourcemod telepathy-interface.
Have you submitted a feature request for this?

lol
Old 02-16-2008 , 10:11   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #210

Hello,

I manage a server that running TF2. I have install the h-reserved plugin but he don't work.
First in the server console i have the following return (with debug active) :

Code:
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:25: "-=[K@ss]=-*Vader_666*<3><STEAM_0:X:XXXXXXX><>" entered the game
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:30: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:30: [SM] Native "PrintCenterText" reported: Language phrase "server offers to reconnect" not found
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:30: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "hreserved_slots.smx":
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:30: [SM]   [0]  Line 608, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/1/0/0/5/20821.attach::OnTimedRedirect()
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:42: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:42: [SM] Native "KickClient" reported: Language phrase "kicked for free slot" not found
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "hreserved_slots.smx":
L 02/16/2008 - 15:51:42: [SM]   [0]  Line 584, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/1/0/0/5/20821.attach::OnTimedKickToFreeSlot()
In-game, i have the message that propose to redirect to another server, but when i push F3, nothing happen. I have in the client console the following message :
FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: exec.

And i am not kick or redirect...

thanks for your help