Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2013 , 03:11   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1001

Tested it, seems about right. Only noticed one thing (might have been in there before) that if your standing on the CP while its "refreshed" you have to get off the point and back on to it in order to get health back.
Old 05-29-2013 , 08:16   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1002

Thank you Powerlord, will definitely test on server when I get home but still, THANK YOU. Prophunt definitely needed some good love to help get it to where it should be, thanks for the time and effort and cleaning up the plugin for us!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-31-2013 , 02:50   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1003

Short version:
Here's a new version of Prop Hunt that keeps it from displaying an error in your server on map change.

Long Version:
I spotted a quick bug in Prop Hunt that doesn't actually affect gameplay. Apparently, the game creates the team_control_point_master entity even when the map's not running... but SourceMod blocks plugins from creating entities (prop hunt spawns its team_round_timer when the team_control_point_master spawns) and you get this error instead:

Code:
L 05/31/2013 - 01:26:30: [SM] Native "CreateEntityByName" reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
L 05/31/2013 - 01:26:30: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 05/31/2013 - 01:26:30: [SM]   [0]  Line 870, D:\tf2server\plugins\prophunt\addons\sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnCPMasterSpawned()
The team_control_point_master entity (along with all team_round_timer s) are deleted and recreated at the start of every round so the error shouldn't have any in-game effect.

Anyway, here's a version that should remove the error.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 150 views - 72.9 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (33.5 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-31-2013 at 02:53.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 06-02-2013 , 19:24   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1004

Powerlord, what about the custom sounds?

Should I recreate the "sound/prophunt" directory and put the 3 sound files in that folder, or do they go in "custom/sound/prophunt"?

And how will the plugin know where to find the sounds, what with SteamCMD changing where custom content goes? Will there be any issues?
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 06-03-2013 , 03:03   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1005

Afaik, you dont need the custom sounds on the server. Just on the download server where they where before. Unless the plugin does a "if FileExists" or something..
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-03-2013 , 13:04   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Short version:
Here's a new version of Prop Hunt that keeps it from displaying an error in your server on map change.

Long Version:
I spotted a quick bug in Prop Hunt that doesn't actually affect gameplay. Apparently, the game creates the team_control_point_master entity even when the map's not running... but SourceMod blocks plugins from creating entities (prop hunt spawns its team_round_timer when the team_control_point_master spawns) and you get this error instead:

Code:
L 05/31/2013 - 01:26:30: [SM] Native "CreateEntityByName" reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
L 05/31/2013 - 01:26:30: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 05/31/2013 - 01:26:30: [SM]   [0]  Line 870, D:\tf2server\plugins\prophunt\addons\sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnCPMasterSpawned()
The team_control_point_master entity (along with all team_round_timer s) are deleted and recreated at the start of every round so the error shouldn't have any in-game effect.

Anyway, here's a version that should remove the error.
Don't know if it is related or not, but players are reporting they can use !propmenu, !ph_pyro and !ph_switch, shouldn't they be admin-only?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2013 , 13:43   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BoG View Post
Don't know if it is related or not, but players are reporting they can use !propmenu, !ph_pyro and !ph_switch, shouldn't they be admin-only?
propmenu is controlled by both the ph_propmenu cvar and an override ("propmenu" checked via CheckCommandAccess) and defaults to the kick permission. ph_pyro and ph_switch are both controlled by an override (they're created via RegAdminCmd, so their overrides are "ph_pyro" and "ph_switch") and default to the ban permission.

I have no idea why these wouldn't be enforced.

So, in other news, I finally got to do some large group testing this weekend and found a few new bugs related to some changes I made:
  • Some maps, especially conversions from non-arena map types like ph_kakariko, have existing round timers. I may have to change how the timer works due to that (by manually hooking my timer's OnSetupFinished).
  • TF2's own team balancer isn't balancing teams between rounds for whatever reason. Or something's not working with balancing. I'll have to take a closer look at what settings my own test server is using.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-03-2013 at 14:14.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2013 , 15:23   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1008

OK, here's 2.02 which should fix the two issues mentioned above. Be aware that this plugin no longer does its own team balancing and you should either set mp_autoteambalance 1 or use a third-party team balancer to keep the teams even. I recommend the former because it only seems to balance arena teams between rounds, but this plugin should no longer interfere with the latter if you know of one that works properly in arena maps.

I also attached a config file for ph_kakariko that shortens its time by 30 seconds due to people on my server complaining about how long its rounds are.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg ph_kakariko.cfg (651 Bytes, 143 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 129 views - 73.1 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (33.5 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-03-2013 at 15:24.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-03-2013 , 23:05   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1009

Sorry for releasing another new version so soon, but here's 2.03 which should fix certain maps (coughdevilscanyoncough) that don't give their team_control_point_master a name. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, though.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 147 views - 73.3 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (33.6 KB, 130 views)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2013 , 12:43   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1010

So, 2.03 didn't fix the problem if my error logs are anything to go by:

Errors you'll see in 2.03:
Code:
L 06/04/2013 - 15:54:47: [SM] Native "SetEntPropString" reported: Property "m_iName" is not a valid string
L 06/04/2013 - 15:54:47: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 06/04/2013 - 15:54:47: [SM]   [0]  Line 878,  D:\tf2server\plugins\prophunt\addons\sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnCPMasterSpawned()
I'm going to try something else and hope it works instead. Namely by switching it from a spawn hook to a spawnpost hook and hoping that will let me set the m_iName properly. I also corrected the check for the actual name based on something said in another thread.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-06-2013 at 12:48.