Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[req] set_fail_state: add an optional plugin index parameter == -1

VEN
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2007 , 04:36   [req] set_fail_state: add an optional plugin index parameter == -1

For example useful for so called "core/engine" plugins to handle issues outside.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-11-2007 , 12:07   Re: [req] set_fail_state: add an optional plugin index parameter == -1

what... I don't think it's a good idea to let something auto-fail another plugin. What if plugin B fails because plugin A doesn't like what it's doing, that's a support nightmare for the author of plugin B.
Veteran Member
Old 02-11-2007 , 13:47   Re: [req] set_fail_state: add an optional plugin index parameter == -1

I knew that your reply would be like that... But the user, and hence the author, will know how and why plugin failed (error logs/console msg/amxx plugins cmd). Also remember that it's also possible to pause/stop other plugins (pause native), but this is even worse than set_fail_state because it doesn't provide any info at all, but nevertheless such possibility is still here. Anyway it's up to you.

Last edited by VEN; 02-11-2007 at 13:52.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-11-2007 , 16:29   Re: [req] set_fail_state: add an optional plugin index parameter == -1

Given your usage request, I'm going to deny this. The only reason pause/unpause lets you affect other plugins is so pausecfg.amxx will work. Those are user-initiated actions.

But your set_fail_state usage isn't user generated. It's you deciding that you don't want another plugin to operate anymore, without the intercession of the calling plugin.

If anything, it should be the library that fails. But nonetheless, log_error() should be sufficient unless you can provide an example where you honestly tihnk the calling plugin deserves to be failed for the entire map.
Veteran Member
Old 02-12-2007 , 02:22   Re: [req] set_fail_state: add an optional plugin index parameter == -1

Quote:
I'm going to deny this
Please close this.