Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/2] Crowned Horde

Post New Thread Reply   

Blakeocity
Old 12-17-2009 , 14:06   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #21

Do you know any cvars that I could use to increase the chance of a witch on any given map by about..50%?

I've been wanting to test it out in a normal versus game environment but I haven't had a witch spawn in quite a while.
Bigbuck
Old 12-17-2009 , 14:10   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #22

You can try the Infected Bots plugin. Off hand I don't know of the cvars to do what you want.
Necrothug
Old 12-17-2009 , 14:18   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #23

Any way both annoying her and killing her can lure hordes? It would be an awesome scenario for the horde rush from her being annoyed causing a crown attempt to fail. Then once they kill her, a second horde rushes in as well.
Bigbuck
Old 12-17-2009 , 15:03   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #24

I think I will change them so they are separate cvars. That way it won't be difficult to understand and would be easier to add different combination's like the one you mentioned.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2009 , 17:16   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
I think I will change them so they are separate cvars. That way it won't be difficult to understand and would be easier to add different combination's like the one you mentioned.
thats what i was going to ask you to do..

i definitely want a horde when she gets cr0wned, but it would be nice to maybe have a random horde (maybe with settable %'s) on annoy and/or kill. as it is now, i would just choose the cr0wned only.

as far as increasing the witch spawning.. theres a couple ways of doing it. first is with the cvars that were used in l4d1, but that method doesn't work on all maps in l4d2 because of the new method introduced in crash course.. which is to modify the mission files. even then, i believe some maps have hard coded info for tank and witch spawning (eg hard rain).

infected bots have nothing to do with witches... or tanks.

Last edited by dirka_dirka; 12-17-2009 at 17:19.
Bigbuck
Old 12-17-2009 , 18:54   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #26

I just assumed the Infected Bots plugin could spawn witches/tanks as well. I will either change the cvars tonight or tomorrow. The only other thing I could add is an option to have it trigger only the first time a witch is annoyed. This would only work in L4D2 though.
GanjaStar
Old 12-17-2009 , 22:00   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
but that method doesn't work on all maps in l4d2 because of the new method introduced in crash course.. which is to modify the mission files. even then, i believe some maps have hard coded info for tank and witch spawning (eg hard rain).

infected bots have nothing to do with witches... or tanks.

too bad there's no more mission files.

dead center 1, and hard rain map 4 are the only maps where i never saw a tank even though im forcing it.

map 4 of hard rain is the worse map in the series, imo. it is so short and easy it kinda one of the cooler campaings.

as for the plugin. works great on my server. definitely noticed hordes provide more distraction now.
Bigbuck
Old 12-18-2009 , 09:44   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #28

1.0.2 has been released. Please read the OP for more information.
Blakeocity
Old 12-18-2009 , 11:18   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #29

Fantastic, thanks mate.
leonil7
BANNED
Old 12-19-2009 , 16:58   Re: [L4D/2] Crowned Horde
Reply With Quote #30

thanks bb! great plugin :d
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7