Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

"Toxic" = aimbot?

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2012 , 04:04   "Toxic" = aimbot?
Reply With Quote #1

I tried searching for threads on this issue, as RTD seems to be a rather popular plugin, but I could not find any. My search-fu has failed me perhaps?

Anyway, recently on a trade/achievement/idle TF2 server that I administrate, a user rolled the dice and got Toxic, an effect which causes all enemy players to explode within a moderately sized range of the user. The user's killing through Toxic was mistaken as aimbotting by SMAC, and the user was automatically banned within a few seconds. Upon further recollection, I realized that I had also been accused of aimbot myself on the very same server for the very same reason, several weeks ago.

Everyone that I have talked to about this, so far, has never heard of such a thing happening, but I know what I saw, and I know what happened.

I do not know if this is an issue with SMAC or RTD, which is why I'm posting this in both the appropriate places.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...18#post1706618

Also, please note that this is not my server; although I am an administrator, I do not have access to the full list of mods/plugins. Only my higher-ups do.

Last edited by ddhoward; 05-11-2012 at 04:07.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 05-11-2012 , 04:17   Re: "Toxic" = aimbot?
Reply With Quote #2

Plugins that give "special abilities" such as those will have to block cheat detections if they want to be compatible with SMAC.

Code:
forward Action:SMAC_OnCheatDetected(client, const String:module[]);