Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Chat logs 1.11

Post New Thread Reply   

thEsp
BANNED
Old 03-15-2020 , 16:52   Re: Chat logs 1.11
Reply With Quote #11

Okay so I made the plugin compatible with AMXX 1.8.2 and added "get_configsdir()" stock. Also attached the script to the main post.

@HamletEagle
Sorry for my arrogance, but I think fysiks' idea is straight stupid. As far as I understood, he is asking that the plugin has a cvar like "cmd1;cmd2;etc" which will hook commands or disable/enable the plugin.

Btw, if you don't get it, I made the option to hook certain commands from a file because "say[_team]" isn't the only command to chat. There exists "amx_say" for example, as well.

Take care and have peace. ;)

Last edited by thEsp; 03-15-2020 at 16:52.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2020 , 22:26   Re: Chat logs 1.11
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thEsp View Post
@HamletEagle
Sorry for my arrogance, but I think fysiks' idea is straight stupid. As far as I understood, he is asking that the plugin has a cvar like "cmd1;cmd2;etc" which will hook commands or disable/enable the plugin.
Wow, it's quite arrogant of you to assume my idea is stupid (especially since you clearly didn't comprehend the different ways a cvar can be used to represent more than one thing even with a single value). And, no, I was NOT suggesting what you just stated. Instead of being an asshole you could have asked what ways a cvar could be used in this situation.

It would have been less stupid of you to simply say "I want to log commands other than just say and say_team so a cvar doesn't make sense".

Also, if you're leaving it open to any command, then this is more of a general command logger (not a just chat logger).
Old 03-16-2020 , 03:42   Re: Chat logs 1.11
Reply With Quote #13

As I said sorry for my arrogance and bothering you, but I again don't get your point. You should've already provided an example tho. And about "general logger" - no, I mean not that much. There are dozens of plugins that add new commands for chatting, like "amx_tsay" or "amx_say". Having an array of strings to register commands (just like it previously was) is bad or redundant.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-07-2020 , 08:15   Re: Chat logs 1.11
Reply With Quote #14

Unapproved per author's request.