Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

PaintballVIP 1.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff       
InteX01
Old 01-27-2017 , 09:27   PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #1

Paintball VIP 1.0 by InteX
Big thanks to Dunno (VIP 3.0)

What do you get with VIP ?

- Free defusers kit at roundstart.
- Free granades at roundstart(HE,2x FB,SG).
- 200HP and 100armor at roundstart. [ADDED]
- 20HP per kill, 30HP per headshot.
- RealTime damage.
- Lower gravity. [ADDED]
- VIP skins for CT and T team. [ADDED]
- VIP tag in scoreboard (only CT see it). [ADDED]
- [VIP] Prefix and green chat.") [ADDED]
- Slot reservation and Admin chat usage. [ADDED]
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (PaintballVIP.sma - 500 views - 8.0 KB)

Last edited by InteX01; 01-27-2017 at 09:30.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-27-2017 , 09:47   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #2

I don't know why but all vips plugins are a copy/paste from many different sources. Ironically, the worst sources(with old methods and bad ways of doing things).

Please read the rules: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=21956
No vip plugins please. Take time, learn and post some quality work.
Old 01-28-2017 , 07:08   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
No vip plugins please.
How nice of you, you're just killing his hope, instead of doing that, you can motivate him. At all, even if he had the worst idea and the best code it must've got approved, what's wrong with VIP plugins ? It's not his fault he got late. You should UnApprove it rather than telling him his idea is bad.

Why ?

Because next time he'll make another plugin, he'll be afraid that it will result on getting his plugin called 'trash'. Also you should offer him help.

Good job. You should consider of improving it.

Last edited by edon1337; 01-28-2017 at 07:12.
HamletEagle
Old 01-28-2017 , 07:33   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
instead of doing that, you can motivate him.
Yeah, I told him to learn, that should be the focus for any beginner. He should not release his first plugin, at most post it in scripting help forum so he can get people to tell him what's wrong and help him to learn.

Quote:
At all, even if he had the worst idea and the best code it must've got approved
There are few cases:
-good ideea and good code -> will be approved when someone gets time to review it
-good ideea and bad code -> code will be improved and plugin approved

Now, if the ideea was done one million times already(like a vip plugin) and you don't bring anything new, just redoing what was already done the plugin won't be approved. I'm asking you, why, why we should have a lot of plugins that do the same thing? The focus is to provide quality, not quantity. The approved section is anyway full of oudated and duplicated plugins, we don't want more.

I invite you to read this two topics:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=21956
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=11201

Also, in the approvers sub-forum there was a question about approving plugins with decent code but over-used ideeas or too simple plugins. The answer was that we should be more strict and take into account not only the code, but actually what the plugins does.

Anyway, here is not the case, code is poor and the plugin does not do anything new. You are a new user and did not see the times when there were a lot of active approvers and the new plugins section was always empty because plugins were checked. Now, I'm kinda alone and I do what my time allows. At least I can do a bit of cleaning every now and then.

Quote:
Because next time he'll make another plugin, he'll be afraid that it will result on getting his plugin called 'trash'. Also you should offer him help.
Basically, what I said. Go to scripting help, be willing to learn and people will help for sure. Nothing stops him from asking for help. I did not call his plugin "trash", I only explained why it does not have a place in the approved forums.

As an example about over-used ideeas and bringing something new. Look at one of my plugins: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=250244
It's replacing resources. Yes, this was done a lot of times, but not in this way. The other plugins does not have the features that I added and are not nearly as complete as mine.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-28-2017 at 07:36.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 01-28-2017 , 08:49   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
The approved section is anyway full of oudated and duplicated plugins, we don't want
Then move them to the UnApproved section.

Quote:
As an example about over-used ideeas and bringing something new. Look at one of my plugins: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=250244
It's replacing resources. Yes, this was done a lot of times, but not in this way. The other plugins does not have the features that I added and are not nearly as complete as mine.
The idea of that plugin is ancient, but the code is good. BUT, if this guy's code was good, you'd still UnApprove it. Furthermore, there's already well-coded Replacement plugins, but there's no well coded VIP plugin.

Last edited by edon1337; 01-28-2017 at 08:49.
HamletEagle
Old 01-28-2017 , 09:44   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Then move them to the UnApproved section.
You do realize that this is a huge ammount of work and we don't have the human resources to do that, don't you?
Right now, all we can do is to filter the current plugins.

Quote:
BUT, if this guy's code was good, you'd still UnApprove it. Furthermore, there's already well-coded Replacement plugins, but there's no well coded VIP plugin.
And his one is not well-coded too. What point are you trying to make? At least if the code was good and his plugin covered what the other already approved vip plugins do then his one can be approved and the others unapproved.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-28-2017 at 09:46.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 01-28-2017 , 16:57   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
You do realize that this is a huge ammount of work and we don't have the human resources to do that, don't you?
Is there an option to select multiple threads? If yes, select them and move them to UnApproved. I'm not saying to UnApprove ALL of them, just some.

Quote:
At least if the code was good and his plugin covered what the other already approved vip plugins do then his one can be approved and the others unapproved.
Doubt that.

Anyways, my point is not arguing.
Old 01-28-2017 , 17:04   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #8

edon, looks the plugin of this guy. This plugin is from VIP 3.0. All these features already exists, and not only in one VIP posted here. As Hamlet said, have too much plugins/requests with that feature here and in other forums. He just picked up all these and put they together.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo

Last edited by EFFx; 01-28-2017 at 17:07.
edon1337
Penguin Enthusiast
Old 01-28-2017 , 17:21   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFx View Post
edon, looks the plugin of this guy. This plugin is from VIP 3.0. All these features already exists, and not only in one VIP posted here. As Hamlet said, have too much plugins/requests with that feature here and in other forums. He just picked up all these and put they together.
I'm just saying that Approvers should motivate Submitters, you wouldn't be happy if an Approver told you that your plugin is bad, would you? Anyways let's end this conversation.
Old 01-28-2017 , 17:27   Re: PaintballVIP 1.0
Reply With Quote #10

I already got something like this, look at the post number #10 from Hamlet - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284336
Is the same argument. We should learn with our mistakes. The world isn't only praises.

• Discord: EFFEXo#8850 • Steam: EFFEXo

Last edited by EFFx; 01-28-2017 at 17:30.