Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Loading Song Advanced (Updated Thread)

Post New Thread Reply   

pr3d4t0r
Old 03-10-2006 , 05:44  
Reply With Quote #261

It's not works, I don't understand...

plugin is running, i checked it in console! (amx_plugins)

i maked the loadingsongs.ini file, placed in amdmox/configs/, contains the mp3's name: residentevil.mp3
This mp3 is placed at sound/misc on the server, and i created the *.res files for maps to download songs. Download is ready, but not plays during the next connecting...

I tried it on amxmodx 1.6 and 1.7 also!

Pls help!
Send a message via Skype™ to pr3d4t0r
WW2
Old 03-11-2006 , 14:02  
Reply With Quote #262

Ok I got this to work.

Your files are of a different size in your downloads. The one in the LoadingSongAdvanced.zip / cstrike / addons / amxmodx / scripting & plugins / loadingsongadvanced.sma 2.38kb & loadingsongadvanced.amxx 3.00kb worked, compared to the single download loadingsongadvanced.sma 834 bytes.
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I did:

If you have one song use the "LoadingSongAdvanced_3.sma" and "LoadingSongAdvanced_3.amxx" in the LoadingSongAdvanced.zip download. More than one song, use the "loadingsongadvanced.sma and .amxx" in the LoadingSongAdvanced.zip download.

Files can be found in the cstrike/addons/amxmodx/plugins, and cstrike/addons/amxmodx/scripting folder when you extract it.

Put them "both in", no need to compile it's already done.

.mp3s must be located in your sound/misc folder on your server, and sound/misc folder on your fast download site "if you have one and are going to use that".

Name your song.mp3 with "no spaces in the name" like mysong.mp3 in your .ini , and in your sound/misc folders

Make sure you put LoadingSongAdvanced_3.amxx in your plugins.ini at the bottom, or loadingsongadvanced.amxx for more than one song, then reboot your server. May take a connect or two to start working.

Good luck
Old 03-12-2006 , 02:08  
Reply With Quote #263

WW2: You sir are a good man! You deserve Karma!
GL24
Old 03-12-2006 , 21:46  
Reply With Quote #264

i get this error

Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sound/misc/SystemofaDown-03-DeerDance.mp3
WW2
Old 03-13-2006 , 00:57  
Reply With Quote #265

Try shortning the name, and get rid of the dashes like deardance.mp3, don't use caps in the name. .mp3s should be about 1 to 1 & a half minutes or less, "not a whole song". Make sure all your directories have the same name, sound/misc & .ini.

If you have limited bandwidth and are using fast dl, you better keep an eye on it, you could run out quickly with large file transfers.
Old 03-13-2006 , 02:11  
Reply With Quote #266

I have found that you need to put a blank line in the loadingsongs.ini for all the songs in your list to play. This line should be at the top of your .ini file. Not sure why this is but it works for me.
Send a message via AIM to cartman Send a message via MSN to cartman Send a message via Yahoo to cartman
cartman
Old 03-13-2006 , 02:39  
Reply With Quote #267

Also with latest valve update it appears that this plugin no longer works. It plays the file half-life16.mp3 every time I connect to the server. It will initally play the files in the .ini but then play the half-life16.mp3 after a couple seconds. the file in question is located in the valve/media in the "day of defeat" folder in your steam folder.

I suspect ValVe has struck again.
Send a message via AIM to cartman Send a message via MSN to cartman Send a message via Yahoo to cartman
Captain Tuffy
Old 03-13-2006 , 09:36  
Reply With Quote #268

Mine works fine. Except for playing nothing about every 1 out of 5 connects.

loadingsongs.ini
Code:
nothing.mp3
nonpoint.mp3
pacino.mp3
localh.mp3
chevelle.mp3
thursday.mp3
kornitson.mp3
millencolin22.mp3
The first song is my song to throw it off and make it play the rest But occassionally you connect and it plays nothing. Which kind of sucks. I don't know why WW2 mentioned sticking the .sma and the .amxx file on the server. .sma is just for scripting, not needed anymore once the plugin is compiled. Unless you wanted to make some changes to it in the future and recompile.

Travis's Strategic Cockfighting Forums
WW2
Old 03-13-2006 , 12:07  
Reply With Quote #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuffy

loadingsongs.ini
Code:
nothing.mp3
nonpoint.mp3
pacino.mp3
localh.mp3
chevelle.mp3
thursday.mp3
kornitson.mp3
millencolin22.mp3
The first song is my song to throw it off and make it play the rest But occassionally you connect and it plays nothing. Which kind of sucks. I don't know why WW2 mentioned sticking the .sma and the .amxx file on the server. .sma is just for scripting, not needed anymore once the plugin is compiled. Unless you wanted to make some changes to it in the future and recompile.
Yeah, I just like to keep the .sma for reference and or editing if needed, not necessary though.

The only minor bug I see with this after using it successfully for 4 days now is what Captain Tuffy said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuffy
Old 03-13-2006 , 15:14  
Reply With Quote #270

ok i tried your solutions and it still doesnt work....