Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2020 , 13:47   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1461

I'm glad you find a version that works, but I still disagree, more slots means more entities being used, not related to the L4DToolZ.

Decompiling a map and compiling it again I think it will make a new version of the map, and every player will have to download it (again). The purpose of the stripper is to let players play with their current map version.

Still have some issues like the string dictionary table on the downside, but works anyway.
Old 01-16-2021 , 19:49   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1462

Anyone else get server hanging (failing to load then boots back to main menu) on even numbered connection attempts from the lobby 2 - 4 - 6 etc. where as odd numbered attempts 1 - 3 - 5 etc. all succeed in loading the game with l4dtoolz linux?

in other words is there a fix for l4dtoolz linux where it fixes this problem so the game always loads from lobby 100% instead of half the time.

also this problem is not present in steam group connections i verified that.

i tested this on 2 servers with l4dtoolz linux can someone point me to a version of l4dtoolz linux that does not have this problem.

thank you.

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 01-16-2021 at 19:51.
GMoneyYo
Old 03-04-2021 , 11:53   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1463

After reading 40 pages or so, my brain melted out of the side of my head. Can someone update us newbs with the new location of the latest files necessary to install?

Also, I cannot find instructions on where the files i got from the first page go. I have no idea how to install this.

thank you very much.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2021 , 16:50   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoneyYo View Post
After reading 40 pages or so, my brain melted out of the side of my head. Can someone update us newbs with the new location of the latest files necessary to install?

Also, I cannot find instructions on where the files i got from the first page go. I have no idea how to install this.

thank you very much.
Proper instructions are available on first page.
Old 03-30-2021 , 17:47   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1465

L4DToolz still provide 8 player slot functionality for players? i tried it on 4 different servers from www.eoreality.net and www.gameservers.com the linux version and on 2 servers sm_cvar sv_maxplayers 8 and sm_cvar survivor_limit 8 wouldnt work. and on the other 2 servers only sm_cvar sv_maxplayers 8 would work.

anyone else have this problem?

thanks.

oh and i need both to function at once or the 8 player functionality doesnt work.

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 03-30-2021 at 17:48.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2021 , 19:38   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1466

If they work on one set and not the other then it's probably the host that has blocked it. Nothing to do with the plugin code.
Old 03-30-2021 , 20:59   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1467

no i mean, it doesnt work, period. because both functionalites dont work at once on the servers.
Old 03-31-2021 , 09:52   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1468

If creating a VM on Google Cloud doesn't scare you, you have 100% control and can install what you want. I use ABM with l4dtoolz on a Google Cloud Compute Engine Instance and I never want to go back to gameservers anymore. You can see the logs right away and know what doesn't work. I think it's because I never managed to make l4dtoolz work on gameservers that I decided to make my own.

It's more work to set up but after that you can install all the games, plugins, tools you want and can turn it on/off when you want, choose the CPU count and memory every time you start your server.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 03-31-2021 , 22:56   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1469

are there any working alternatives to l4dtoolz that increases maxplayers to 8 atleast?
Old 03-31-2021 , 23:37   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #1470

I think Left 4 Downtown, but I never managed to make it work for more than 4 players