Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change

Post New Thread Reply   

ichiballs
Old 04-04-2019 , 16:09   CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #1

Can't explain, i've looked at some logs and nothing suspicious came up, at least to me. It doesn't happen every time a map change occurs but its pretty often and i think pretty random, not even on the same maps. It's been happening since the last update that fucked a lot of stuff up. If anyone has any ideas i'm more than willing to provide any more information needed, haven't posted here in a long time so i'm not sure how this goes.

EDIT: FYI, im using UMC3 for everything map related and my server is hosted on Linux. Upon further investigation, server encounters a Segmentation fault out of nowhere, still searching for a fix/help.

EDIT2: If im the only one on the server and use UMC3 admin menu to change the maps, everything works fine, now im not sure whether more people cause problems or is it when a map ends by itself.

Last edited by ichiballs; 04-05-2019 at 10:08. Reason: more info
Le1T
Old 04-06-2019 , 15:53   Re: CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #2

if server restarts, tv_enable 1 should help ya
ichiballs
Old 04-06-2019 , 20:02   Re: CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #3

I think i found the reason and it's pretty bizarre. I think it's Abners round end sounds cause since I disabled the plugin, my server hasn't crashed in a whole day where before it crashed every couple of map changes and the first map i enabled it again, the server randomly crashed. I think my mp3 files might not be in the right format/properties but i'm not really sure what the right format/properties are.
slmarker
Old 04-06-2019 , 23:47   Re: CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiballs View Post
I think i found the reason and it's pretty bizarre. I think it's Abners round end sounds cause since I disabled the plugin, my server hasn't crashed in a whole day where before it crashed every couple of map changes and the first map i enabled it again, the server randomly crashed. I think my mp3 files might not be in the right format/properties but i'm not really sure what the right format/properties are.
do these sounds come standard with source mod? if not I do not have them, my server crashes from nextmapmode. if I use the stock source mod my server does not crash. it is a bummer though, the csgo update has broken some of the plugins I use, and they are no longer updated
ichiballs
Old 04-07-2019 , 10:15   Re: CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmarker View Post
do these sounds come standard with source mod? if not I do not have them, my server crashes from nextmapmode. if I use the stock source mod my server does not crash. it is a bummer though, the csgo update has broken some of the plugins I use, and they are no longer updated
No, the sounds i use are mp3 files i added for round end sounds, but server seems to crash again on map change even tho it hasn't for longer than a day before so i don't know if it still has something to do with those files or is it something else.
slmarker
Old 04-07-2019 , 11:00   Re: CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #6

its fixed for me on the new dev build. thank you I will be donating $ 10 today
slmarker
Old 04-07-2019 , 15:23   Re: CS:GO often crashes/restarts on map change
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiballs View Post
No, the sounds i use are mp3 files i added for round end sounds, but server seems to crash again on map change even tho it hasn't for longer than a day before so i don't know if it still has something to do with those files or is it something else.
Hello, I wanted to let you know a new dev release of source mod was put on in the last day or 2. it has fixed my promblems, I hope it works for you too 6393 is the release number
https://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php?branch=dev