Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Why is HLDS updating/verifying every startup?

Post New Thread Reply   

terrum
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-14-2021 , 05:40   Why is HLDS updating/verifying every startup?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm not sure if this is a recent change, or if it's just something I haven't noticed, but every time HLDS is run (or restarted due to a crash), it runs steamcmd to update/verify the installation, without any parameters that ask it to do so (parameters pasted at the bottom of this thread).

It wasn't so much an issue before, but in the past month or so it has started replacing my liblist.gam file (and as I also use reHLDS it's replaced those files too). Not long before today it would usually not update/validate after some time, then start randomly doing it again, but now it's doing it every single start/restart.

I tried editing the hlds_run file to comment out all abilities to run an update but to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? A solution would be greatly appreciated as this is affecting all of my Linux TFC servers.

Code:
./hlds_run -console -game tfc -port {{REMOVED}} +maxplayers 32 +map 2fort -strictportbind -norestart -insecure

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2021 , 05:46   Re: Why is HLDS updating/verifying every startup?
Reply With Quote #2

Are you using some kind of a cpanel to manage your servers? the problem might be there.
Old 11-14-2021 , 05:50   Re: Why is HLDS updating/verifying every startup?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusTGo View Post
Are you using some kind of a cpanel to manage your servers? the problem might be there.
I'm not. Purely terminal. The only 'management' I use is tmux (better version of screen) so that multiple processes can be easily managed in one terminal session.

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2021 , 07:12   Re: Why is HLDS updating/verifying every startup?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrum View Post
I'm not. Purely terminal. The only 'management' I use is tmux (better version of screen) so that multiple processes can be easily managed in one terminal session.
Weird, this shouldn't happen especially that you don't use the -autoupdate command, I run a cs 1.6 server and I never faced such an issue, I don't know what's different in TFC.