Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

ModelMoshMod v0.4b -- Updated for amxx 1.71

Post New Thread Reply   

Ronkkrop
Old 05-09-2004 , 13:58   Re: include some cz specific details?
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron73
Hi again,

I allready set up a private CZ dedicated linux server for testing purposes. I am glad to say, that there seems - after installing the latest steam-update - to be no problems with it, for example using bots on EVERY map, also on custom maps, because the bots "find their way" in a kind of a pre-round, where you can sometimes see them, just walking around and look for the details (really funny, I say to you).

But especially on private servers it would be great - I discussed it with many of my friends - to give some bots from an amx mod x menu to the game, just if you have only a few human players - or just for training and so on.

So it would be nice, if you or somebody else could integrate such a feature, so that you could add bots with a special model or so.

If there would be any translating job (e > de), perhaps I could do that, because my scripting knowledge is going to "condition zero"
you can sort of do that now. If i remember correctly, a bot shows up with a steamid of "BOT". If one were to enter a steamid of "BOT" into the ini file, it should change their models as well (maybe).

Otherwise, i have no intentions on allowing an admin to change somebody's model, yet.
Send a message via ICQ to Ronkkrop Send a message via AIM to Ronkkrop Send a message via MSN to Ronkkrop Send a message via Yahoo to Ronkkrop
Burnzy
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2004 , 14:10  
Reply With Quote #22

i thought the PING was 'BOT' NOT the STEAMID
Old 05-09-2004 , 19:04  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzy
i thought the PING was 'BOT' NOT the STEAMID
both if my memory serves me correctly.
Send a message via ICQ to Ronkkrop Send a message via AIM to Ronkkrop Send a message via MSN to Ronkkrop Send a message via Yahoo to Ronkkrop
ceryeceon
Old 05-10-2004 , 03:41  
Reply With Quote #24

hmm nice plugin.. but when using models... a few of them were floating around.. not walking, and the walking ones..they leaned toward the left side if you face them with their body twisted backwards... it's impossible to know if they're looking at you or not, any way to fix this?
Ronkkrop
Old 05-10-2004 , 16:52   Yep
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceryeceon
hmm nice plugin.. but when using models... a few of them were floating around.. not walking, and the walking ones..they leaned toward the left side if you face them with their body twisted backwards... it's impossible to know if they're looking at you or not, any way to fix this?
yep...its easy to fix. Use counterstrike models. Dont use models for other mods, and be sure to use a model designed to work with cs 1.6. That twisting thing happens because the skeleton for the models is different in cs, and has different animations.

if ur lookin for models to test this out...
http://www.csnation.net/csforces/

that site has good models, they're free, and work with 1.6
ceryeceon
Old 05-10-2004 , 20:52  
Reply With Quote #26

hmm.. when I put a model for T and a model for CT.... it doesn't work..
if i play as T my model is the T model... and if I play as CT then the model is still the T one. it doesn't change..? and I noticed my models don't have a death animation.. oh well they work...
Ronkkrop
Old 05-11-2004 , 15:24  
Reply With Quote #27

Yeah, im aware of this. Its a bug in the plugin, but im starting a lot of this plugin over again to include a menu driven public model picker.
Supream Weasle
Old 05-13-2004 , 18:47  
Reply With Quote #28

Ronkkrop and I (wait would "and be an "an" and not a and? I is a vowel so would I be an exeption?) have been running this plugin for about 5 days on our server and it runns fine no problems at all. Just remember that the models name (name.mdl) has to be the same as its directory (name/name.mdl) and the .ini file should look like this.

Code:
;name reminder
STEAM_ID
tmodel
ctmodel
easy stuff if you run a server
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2004 , 09:52  
Reply With Quote #29

Without having checked how this really works, you could skip the need of ini file altogether by making a dedicated folder inside cstrike/models/ , maybe like cstrike/models/customs/ and then precache all files ending with ".mdl" in there.

Code:
new const PATH[] = "models/objectivesconverterhostages" new modelsprecached = 0 public plugin_precache() {     new pos = 0, filename[128], length     new completepath[128]     do {         pos = read_dir(PATH, pos, filename, 127, length)         if (length < 5 || containi(filename, ".mdl") != length - 4)             continue         format(completepath, 127, "%s/%s", PATH, filename)         //server_print("[%s] DEBUG - Precaching %s", PLUGINNAME, completepath)         precache_model(completepath)         format(filename, 127, "%s%d", VAULTKEYMODELS, modelsprecached + 1)         set_vaultdata(filename, completepath)         modelsprecached++     }     while (pos)     server_print("[%s] DEBUG - Precached %d custom hostage models", PLUGINNAME, modelsprecached) }

Thats how I did just that with my Objectives converter. It precaches any models inside a subfolder and uses those models as hostages on any maps... the model paths are also stored in vault so that the plugin knows what models are precached later when its gonna set the models.
Ronkkrop
Old 05-14-2004 , 17:29   i wish...
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Without having checked how this really works, you could skip the need of ini file altogether by making a dedicated folder inside cstrike/models/ , maybe like cstrike/models/customs/ and then precache all files ending with ".mdl" in there.

Code:
new const PATH[] = "models/objectivesconverterhostages" new modelsprecached = 0 public plugin_precache() {     new pos = 0, filename[128], length     new completepath[128]     do {         pos = read_dir(PATH, pos, filename, 127, length)         if (length < 5 || containi(filename, ".mdl") != length - 4)             continue         format(completepath, 127, "%s/%s", PATH, filename)         //server_print("[%s] DEBUG - Precaching %s", PLUGINNAME, completepath)         precache_model(completepath)         format(filename, 127, "%s%d", VAULTKEYMODELS, modelsprecached + 1)         set_vaultdata(filename, completepath)         modelsprecached++     }     while (pos)     server_print("[%s] DEBUG - Precached %d custom hostage models", PLUGINNAME, modelsprecached) }

Thats how I did just that with my Objectives converter. It precaches any models inside a subfolder and uses those models as hostages on any maps... the model paths are also stored in vault so that the plugin knows what models are precached later when its gonna set the models.

thanks for the tip, however, it wont work, and ill explain why.

cs_set_user_model() takes 2 arguments, id and a string for the model name. This string is not a path but rather the name of the model. The proc automatically figures out the relative path by using a start of "/models/player/" then concatenating the string for the name then concat "/" then concat name again then concat ".mdl" that leaves you with a final path of:

/models/player/name/name.mdl

the string argument used in this case would be "name":

cs_set_user_model(id, "name");

so in conclusion an ini is required. I basically cheated the engine into allowing this to happen. I dont think amxx was supposed to let you do this, but i found a workaround.