Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2015 , 21:11   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?

Seriously, you don't put a steam ID check that grants admin access on an addon that is to be used in thousands of public servers. That should be fucking common sense. What's even worse is how you distributed binaries that do not match to the source code from the public repo.

Nobody wants you fucking with their servers without their permission. The fact that you even think that was marginally okay, even if it's to gather statistical data, shows that you have serious critical thinking problems.

Good work Arkshine on your disassembling efforts to expose this fraud of his bullshit. I salute to you.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 12-11-2015 at 21:13.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-11-2015 , 23:18   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Isn't there an inheritance of the GPL for Metamod plugins? Which would make distributing binaries without the actual source code illegal.

@StevenKal

Your post was quite laughable.
Old 12-12-2015 , 01:20   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Isn't there an inheritance of the GPL for Metamod plugins? Which would make distributing binaries without the actual source code illegal.

@StevenKal

Interesting... I hadn't realized that MetaMod was GPLv2 (according to its SourceForge project). I just assumed it was a more permissive license like MetaMod: Source is (MM:S is zlib/libpng licensed).
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2015 , 07:17   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Quote:

@StevenKal

I'm pretty sure anyone using AMX is using MMP
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-12-2015 , 07:40   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
I'm pretty sure anyone using AMX is using MMP
They're both GPL.
Old 12-12-2015 , 07:50   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
They're both GPL.
Oh...
Fr33m@n
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2015 , 08:11   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Flatulence, we have good treatments for mental illnesses. You are the shame of french coding community.
StevenKal
Old 12-12-2015 , 12:13   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

In some maners, even if this is not true (cause I didn't build it alone from scratch, old devs started this job before me), I actually slightly consider the software as "mine", mainly cause I'm alone to manage it. So I do that I want with it, and as I said, I've my reasons as radical as they are (and it's not a such news which will make me change my mind or politic; if people don't like that or afraid to piss in their pants, they don't use it, that's all; no need to complicate the issue by dramatizing too much like that).
I don't think AMXX devs will provide proper support someday about non-Steamers, you were formal about that, I'm too with my own. Try to respect the others's choice a bit.

It maybe sounds like something "horrible" for most of you, because you seem to aim the worst part of the thing and lets imagine all/end possibilities this can be able to do. As I explained a bit on the beggining of my previous message, we can do a lot by thinking this way.
And not everyone has such access, only ME, its developer, for various and obvious reasons.
And by default, people wasn't supposed to know that, this was hidden for obvious reasons too.
Only programmers who knows well about decompilation could that (and by attempt to looking for such stuff).
No luck for me, someone I hate did and took pleasure to expose that publicly.

Most of you are "probably" also pro-alliedmodders's politic, pro-open, pro-legit, pro-legal-Steam, pro-laws, pro-social..., while I tend to make my own laws with the program I'm working on. So a such behavior which is, "thinking the other way", offends/shakes your minds hard! I know, I know, but just to be clear, this won't change for your satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks
Yeah, thank you! I'm a little aware by reading it again (cause it's too much)!
I think now I should have not post it, since people doesn't share my different opinions (was a little predictable by the way). But well, nevermind, that's not really worst than the f****** initial news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33m@n
we have good treatments for mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses? Because what? I think differently than common people from here?
Nice & fast deduction, poor sub-shit dude, ark's sheep...

--

Bye! Hope you'll use my future "Mighty" release!
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2015 , 12:28   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Dude just fucking GTFO and leave before you make yourself an bigger ass (if you haven't reached the point of maximum assholery already). Nobody wants your backdoor-infected addon, nobody cares about your project, nobody gives a fuck about non-steam servers.

It's pretty shameful to see someone with this much coding knowledge lack any sense of morals.
GoRiLliAz
Old 12-12-2015 , 12:39   Re: Security advisory regarding AMX Mod 2010.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenKal View Post
It's also happened I've used some of my access to gag or ban players (cheaters) when admins not here, but again, that was helpful and I ensure to the people there are rares cases/exceptions. And then, I do not play frequently anymore.
Hello I'm robert locksmith, I change your locks but I keep a duplicate of the key in case of you are not there for feeding the cat and watering green plants

Last edited by GoRiLliAz; 12-12-2015 at 12:40.
Closed Thread