Raised This Month: $128 Target: $400
 32% 

[Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade

Post New Thread Reply   

OneEyedJacks
Old 02-22-2021 , 17:53   [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

I have been trawling through this forum, the internet and the Russian AMX forums for a HLDM grenade trail plugin for the 9mmAR grenade.

I have only been able to find trails for CS 1.6 and tested them in HL with no sucess, as it is clearly for cs and not HL.

Would someone be able to assist and help create a random coloured grenade trails plugin for the 9mmAR grenade in HLDM?

This would be greatly appreciated and will be used on my Half-Life server forever!

Thank you!!
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2021 , 14:31   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #2

Half-Life grenade/9mmAR trails
Amxx190+
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (grenade_trace.sma - 11 views - 2.0 KB)
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-24-2021 , 03:53   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #3

You are very kind thank you @DJEarthQuake

It is working well and looks fantastic. I can only get it to run when I put debug after the plugins name in the plugins.ini. However no errors are showing in amx error log. So as far as I am concerned, it works well and I love it.

Thanks again, here are some images of it in action - it is quite blue as my smoke.spr is blue but it turns into a lovely purple colour.

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-24-2021 , 08:30   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #4

These should never be solid blue all the time. They should be 'neon' multi-colored trails. Possibly another plugin running? The hull is glowing random colors too? Hard to see with screenshots. I just took some. It's difficult to capture motion in a still!

I do have other versions with CVAR if interested in testing. Have been testing for 4 years now. No errors, now.

This is an early image right after the code you are using started to bore me.

Glad I saved the initial iteration in a backup and shared. Figured somebody else would want just that. The current version is 16KB and 3 cvars would need to be zeroed to make it just do trails. The width of the trail is a CVAR you might get some 'mileage' out of, sv_neon_wid 0|# which may depreciate sv_neon_toss 0|1 that is just an on/off for the trails. It's convenient to have trail width optimized and leave it alone, then turn it on and off with separate CVAR if ever needed. This code is early enough right clicking and holding holds off on the trails in fact to not give your position away. The idea was quickly discarded in the advancement and expansion of plugin to other mods, ents, and Amxx versions. The other CVARs are to turn off the hull of the grenade, sv_neon_hull 0|1. Another to pick whatever ent to apply 'the properties' to. When defusing or walking over C4, we will see the C4 on CS is classed as a 'grenade' real quick. Just touch it. Which brings me to the cvar sv_neon_rad 0|1 to turn the 'radioactive' properties on or off. The last but not least CVAR is sv_neon_all 0|1 to apply the properties to more than class grenade. Ent is chosen with CVAR neon_pick. neon_pick weapon_egon makes the Egon into a bug zapper when somebody touches it. If you want to try to find errors make neon_pick func_breakable. It hasn't errored for over a year for me. The last feat I added was if the grenade does not kill within a certain proximity it is a flashbang with a fade other than white that does do some damage. There's DoD support too.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 02-24-2021 at 10:54. Reason: grammar
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-24-2021 , 09:00   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #5

Hi DJEarthQuake,

Yes, I have a blue smoke.spr file already in my client side as it is used for the Gauss and the RPG and now for the grentrails.

I have removed it for now, the plugin is working perfectly.

Last edited by OneEyedJacks; 02-24-2021 at 09:01.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:02
OneEyedJacks
This message has been deleted by OneEyedJacks. Reason: duplicate
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-25-2021 , 03:07   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #6

Hi @DJEarthQuake,

If you can share the version with the CVARS, I would love to do some testing of them.

I am quite interested in width and being able to turn the Hull off.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2021 , 08:11   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for the interest. Hold down attack2 to 0 the width in real time without CVAR for now when using regular grenade. Focused on other work now. I like to keep it without trail until the last moment as more of a surprise attack. Haven't the time to ready it today. Soon.
OneEyedJacks
Old 02-25-2021 , 15:19   Re: [Request] Half-Life 1 - Grenade Trails for 9mmAR grenade
Reply With Quote #8

Great, let me know when ever!

I replaced smoke.spr with laserbeam.spr to avoid my smoke sprites clashing, laserbeam.spr actually looks better... i think.
One Eyed Jacks HL / Op4 Weapons - 151.236.38.188:27015