[ANY] SteamWorks

Post New Thread Reply   

KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-06-2014 , 23:44   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVelocity View Post
My plugin works fantastic for around an hour, then it will disable VAC and no SteamID's can be found.
Is there a thing where I have to close the connection or something?

Thanks,
What features does your plugin use? This sounds unrelated; but you never know.
VirtualVelocity
Old 04-08-2014 , 05:55   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
What features does your plugin use? This sounds unrelated; but you never know.
It uses SW_OnValidateClient. All it does is check if they are using a family sharing account.
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 04-12-2014 , 16:14   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #113

Will there be 'official' windows builds?

If your on the team now they should give you a build bot for this!
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-12-2014 , 21:02   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
they should give you a build bot for this!
There were licensing/reversing concerns regarding Open SteamWorks. The shipped SteamWorks SDK (wasn't present in the former) is riddled with license clauses. While I don't believe I'm breaking any stated limitations, it may be entirely possible there's something I'm not considering. While I agree it would be cool, it doesn't jive well with AM's (present) philosophy. It's entirely possible by shipping an inc and the compiled extension, the administrator doesn't hold a valid license. This would be tragic, but it can't be avoided due to Valve's present architecture, I don't think there's a plan to limit the distribution of information either.

As well to the above, Valve no longer supports Windows, they haven't for the past five? years. If this stance changes, I'll gladly setup a MSVC environment to get this done. While they don't though, I can't as everything's stripped. Should a user have an issue, there's very little I can do to help them without contacting `Top Men` (people who have symbols). I still consider the extension to be in a developer's only alpha state. However, there are obviously more stable portions then others.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2014 , 16:50   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #115

I've noticed quite a few posts on here about blocking ALL family sharing connections. I coded into sourcebans instead to check if the owner is banned, then block, else allow. This helps playercount, yet still ensures that who you want to ban is banned. It also has coded in to ban the "owner" of the game as well (to prevent the scenario of banning an alternate account, then them making a new alt. account, and it would only check if the new alternate and the owner is banned). However, I am still waiting to hear back on a post of mine before I post it here for public use.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2139387

EDIT: Plugin is now posted >>>here<<<

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 05-18-2014 at 23:39.
nomy
Old 05-20-2014 , 12:32   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
As well to the above, Valve no longer supports Windows, they haven't for the past five? years. If this stance changes, I'll gladly setup a MSVC environment to get this done. While they don't though, I can't as everything's stripped. Should a user have an issue, there's very little I can do to help them without contacting `Top Men` (people who have symbols). I still consider the extension to be in a developer's only alpha state. However, there are obviously more stable portions then others.
Valve does support Windows and always will (Their games are natively supported on Windows). I came here looking for alternative to SteamTools because its not supported on CSS. For SteamWorks, there isn't support for Windows.

Can you please setup MSVC environment and get it compiled?

Last edited by nomy; 05-20-2014 at 12:32.
Malak101
Old 05-23-2014 , 14:28   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #117

For anyone who's interested I compiled a Windows Binary using the following sources:

https://github.com/KyleSanderson/SteamWorks
https://partner.steamgames.com/

Bin was tested on a Windows CSS server. Support will be very limited.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SteamWorks_Win.zip (51.6 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by Malak101; 05-23-2014 at 14:36.
nomy
Old 05-25-2014 , 00:33   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #118

Thanks Malak!
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 06-08-2014 , 20:03   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #119

"SteamWorks_SetGameDescription" does not work on Linux and CSGO. No errors, just nothing. Extension loads fine as well.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
VoiDeD
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2014 , 02:24   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
"SteamWorks_SetGameDescription" does not work on Linux and CSGO. No errors, just nothing. Extension loads fine as well.
That native returns a bool value. If the function is failing for you, you'll need a specific set of gamedata so that the extension uses the same steam interfaces CSGO is using. KyleS is familiar with this so you'll probably need to defer to him to provide an example one.