Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation

Post New Thread Reply   

VPPGamingNetwork
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 00:35   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #31

lets all have a csgo black out week. Nobody plays csgo or run a csgo server. Nobody spend money on skins or keys , what do you think ?

We provide MOTD Ads
Net 1 payments
Visit us
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 00:51   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #32

You'd need every major community to go in on it, and that doesn't seem likely. It would have to be on the day of the update that forces all owners to use the new method. Even in doing so, it would mean for Reddit to take advantage of the situation and raise hell like it did for the Skyrim incident. Also, highly doubt people give the same amount of care because it doesn't have any real effect on them. The only problem is for server owners who don't want to give out their phone numbers, tie their servers to their account, and etc. I think the main problem now is that people will be looking for backdoors so fucking hard so that they can upload bad plugins and tags so they can get servers blacklisted, thus getting the account ruined. This is assuming a blacklisted server has some effect on the person that gave out the token, which I am sure it does. This is really only promoting more havoc for community owners then anything else, it doesn't help us. Not to mention this has no negative impact on Valve and their servers. I have no idea what the hell I am going to do, because I am certainly not going to link my account to my servers because of easily they could one day change their mind on what plugins are allowed, and whoops, their goes my account. Best option is to buy an account with 50 games already, register a throw away phone number, and bingbangbongo.
VPPGamingNetwork
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 02:00   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #33

well I'm 50/50 on the token thing.

Pros:

1. If you switch IP then players can still find you
2. Ban those guys who's not following valve's instruction

Cons:

1. Phone # giving out
2. 50 servers limit
3. 1 server get hacked and added a knife plugin then all 50 servers get banned
4. Fuck Valve
5. Easy to do a mass ban for valve so people can enjoy their servers.
6. Go back to source

We provide MOTD Ads
Net 1 payments
Visit us
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 02:24   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosurdaddy972 View Post
well I'm 50/50 on the token thing.

Pros:

1. If you switch IP then players can still find you
2. Ban those guys who's not following valve's instruction

Cons:

1. Phone # giving out - it's going to valve, their not gonna give it out if thats what you're scared of, you have to provide a phone number with pretty much every other service you sign up for, hows this any different
2. 50 servers limit - who even has more than 50 servers? eitherway they changed to 1000 now
3. 1 server get hacked and added a knife plugin then all 50 servers get banned - is this confirmed? I doubt they'd be that harsh
4. Fuck Valve - topkek
5. Easy to do a mass ban for valve so people can enjoy their servers. - are you a 911 conspiracy theorist too?
6. Go back to source - do it, I dare you
Ido Magal - "We do not intend to ban IPs once we can hold Steam users (not the GSLT) accountable for their servers."

I dont even see the reason why everyone is getting sand in their vagina's over this

This is Valve's game, their property, you are gonna play by their rules and standards, it's a privilege to run CSGO servers, not a right

if registering tokens is too much for you to handle then go host minecraft servers

Last edited by PresidentEvil; 10-16-2015 at 02:28.
Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 02:57   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #35

Although I do understand that giving Valve access to your phone number is a bit invasive, and for some not so easy due to some restrictions put into place or what have you, it is a decent way of letting server operators know that they can't just get their servers banned and make new servers so easily. I am neither for nor against this new verification system as it does have some logic behind it.

Take these posts by some community's server operator for example. ( If you want to know where these quotes are from PM me. All identifiable info is going to be censored out here. )

They recognize and make an announcement to the community that their servers have been blacklisted.
Quote:
Our servers have officially been blacklisted by Valve. They're actually doing what they said they'd do 2 months ago.

How do I know this? Here: http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamAp...**&format=json

That's our IP for our servers. As you can see, we're blacklisted.... Hoooray Valve for being greedy bastards.
Just like that, they decide they can easily evade the ban by copying the server files over to a new IP.

Quote:
Yes. The new IP's will be posted by tomorrow morning. Sorry for the interruption of gameplay everyone.
Later on in that thread...
Quote:
Competitive 5v5 server is back online! Nothing has been changed except for the IP !!!

CENSORED

Jailbreak is also being transferred as you read this. As soon as that's finished, I'll release this IP also. :blush:
Their new servers get blacklisted 4 days later ( going off the post times of the thread I'm getting all this from. )

Quote:
So uh... Yeah. Valve loves this community haha.

New servers coming tomorrow morning no worries.
As you can see the server operators of this community are shrugging off the bans like they are nothing and running the illegal plugins on new server IP within the next day or two. This is exactly the type of thing that Valve is trying to stop with this new system.

Last edited by Darkness_; 10-16-2015 at 03:42. Reason: tucking fypos.
VPPGamingNetwork
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 03:04   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #36

Wow that kid is a dumbass , so did he finally removed the plugin? All those ips wasted well at least next time his steam account will be banned along with his tokens

We provide MOTD Ads
Net 1 payments
Visit us
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 10:39   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil View Post
Ido Magal - "We do not intend to ban IPs once we can hold Steam users (not the GSLT) accountable for their servers."

I dont even see the reason why everyone is getting sand in their vagina's over this

This is Valve's game, their property, you are gonna play by their rules and standards, it's a privilege to run CSGO servers, not a right

if registering tokens is too much for you to handle then go host minecraft servers
I don't think you understand the meaning of words privilege and right. Running a server becomes a right when community owners pay their hard earned money for it.

The bigger picture that you are completely neglecting is that this will only promote cracked servers. This is like an open invitation to crackers, and it won't be long when CSGO becomes cs 1.6, where the only way to run a community is non-steam.

Just think about it for a min. The ones who want to run the servers the right way are getting punished, when there are no drawbacks of running a cracked server. Cracked servers can have skins, and what not. Why would anyone want to play by valve's rules, if there is another option available? And we both know that someone will crack the server sooner than later.
Old 10-16-2015 , 12:25   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I don't think you understand the meaning of words privilege and right. Running a server becomes a right when community owners pay their hard earned money for it.
I think you'll find it is you with that particular lexicographical problem.
Old 10-16-2015 , 17:21   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #39

Cracked csgo already exists, since iirc the top populated csgo servers are no-steam. (Saw it on gametracker or something.)

Also does anyone even know how Valve exactly finds illegal plugins on your server? Are they allowed to poke into the SM VM or are you people self-incriminating yourselves with tags and hostname?

There are several ways to defeat TF2's attachables nerfs and have fake unusual hats again. I'm willing to bet there is a way to make it impossible for Valve to detect fake knives or skins or whatever. It might get dirty as far as a metamod extension messing with the engine.

However I do agree with the previous guy that this type of lockdown is indeed going to encourage no-steam csgo far more.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 10-16-2015 at 17:25.
PresidentEvil
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 17:29   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
what planet do you live on where you pay for Valve's servers?

SRCDS is free, you don't pay Valve a single dime to download, update, or run CSGO or any other Valve game servers.

The only thing you "pay" for is the hardware you buy/rent to host Valve's FREE SRCDS software.