Raised This Month: $46 Target: $400
 11% 

People were too harsh about CS:GO becoming free to play.


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
LennoxConner
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Old 03-20-2020 , 03:13   People were too harsh about CS:GO becoming free to play.
Reply With Quote #1

So I've reached about 150 hours on CS:GO ( I know it's not a lot but it's still something) and im almost about to reach lvl 21, after which I can get prime. I understand that people who paid for the game must have been pissed that it's now free to play and whatever they've paid for can be grinded and obtained for free. But, I have issues with the accusations of non prime being a hellhole full of hackers and smurfs. In all the games I've played, I've encountered a very negligible amount of hackers/smurfs. Maybe it's because of the server (i dont play on eu or na), but I felt people were being too loud and harsh on this matter. Would love to hear differing opinions, so please go for it
LennoxConner is offline
Voltron
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Above the battlefield.
Old 03-20-2020 , 03:19   Re: People were too harsh about CS:GO becoming free to play.
Reply With Quote #2

I run community servers. So the more people playing, the better!
__________________
Voltron is offline
wakedb
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: unknown
Old 03-20-2020 , 09:03   Re: People were too harsh about CS:GO becoming free to play.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennoxConner View Post
So I've reached about 150 hours on CS:GO ( I know it's not a lot but it's still something) and im almost about to reach lvl 21, after which I can get prime. I understand that people who paid for the game must have been pissed that it's now free to play and whatever they've paid for can be grinded and obtained for free. But, I have issues with the accusations of non prime being a hellhole full of hackers and smurfs. In all the games I've played, I've encountered a very negligible amount of hackers/smurfs. Maybe it's because of the server (i dont play on eu or na), but I felt people were being too loud and harsh on this matter. Would love to hear differing opinions, so please go for it
I'm ok with people getting CS:GO for free even if I paid for it. To be honest, we bought the game a few years back many of us. Why should we bother cause some others will get it for free now.
A bad thing that pops up in my mind is the game being free more cheaters will bring with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I run community servers. So the more people playing, the better!
Same here !
__________________

wakedb is offline
Lannisterian
Zero Posts
Join Date: Mar 2020
Old 03-31-2020 , 01:50   Re: People were too harsh about CS:GO becoming free to play.
Reply With Quote #4

I think you can get prime still if ur a free player, nothing's really changed. Or if you really care about 'free' stuff, just turn to other games, like WoW Classic. I've been obsessed with it recently.
Lannisterian is offline
tatack
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MN
Old 04-01-2020 , 13:50   Re: People were too harsh about CS:GO becoming free to play.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannisterian View Post
I think you can get prime still if ur a free player, nothing's really changed. Or if you really care about 'free' stuff, just turn to other games, like WoW Classic. I've been obsessed with it recently.
IIRC you're granted prime after rank 21 still.
tatack is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode