Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

View Poll Results: What do you want to see next?
Stats+Ranking System 84 30.00%
Weapon Restrictions for CS:S 34 12.14%
Spray Tracking/Management 27 9.64%
More Admin Menu Customization 69 24.64%
Other User/Gameplay/Admin Feature (Post) 23 8.21%
Other Scripting/API Feature (Post) 25 8.93%
Teleport Menu+Commands 18 6.43%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

What do you want to see next?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Derek
Old 11-07-2007 , 16:13   Re: What do you want to see next?

You can just use bugs advert plugin.
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2007 , 19:51   Re: What do you want to see next?

Besides pretty coloured admin messages, nothing.

It works and it works sweet!

Matt
Old 01-01-2008 , 18:51   Re: What do you want to see next?

I want to see hudmessages.
Old 01-01-2008 , 19:14   Re: What do you want to see next?

SM should have ALL the features of Manimod, because at the moment it lacks many of admin functions... for example, AFK manager, or just an option in the menu to send player to spectators ... you can kick, slay, ban, but you can't make him a spectator...

or damage report plugin...

there's lots of stuff that mani has and SM doesn't... though most of the stuff we can find in additional plugins, but some of them are still in development, or there may be 2-3 plugins that provide the same functionality, and you have to try all of them and find the best...

so I think that the next SM version should include MUCH MORE plugins, that would cover all Manimod functionality
pRED*
Old 01-01-2008 , 23:58   Re: What do you want to see next?

This is very unlikely to happen.

SourceMod was never designed to be a direct replacement for mani. Mani is a full functioning administration system while SourceMod is primarily a scripting platform. To make things simpler SourceMod comes with the core administration back-end as well as some basic functions but the main purpose of it's existence is for third party plugins to provide the functionality each server operator requires.
Gruzilkin
Old 01-02-2008 , 00:42   Re: What do you want to see next?

I understand that sourcemod is a scripting platform, but it needs to have plugins that cover all of manimod functionality, so that people could replace manimod with sourcemod

why does SM have funvotes in the install package, but doesn't have player votes? there's no AFK manager and you can't kick players to spectators without additional plugins - this is what I'm talking about...

SM should have essential admin functions "out-of-the-box", so you won't have to look for plugins that perform these basic functions, and manimod can be considered to be minimum standard
BAILOPAN
Old 01-02-2008 , 19:57   Re: What do you want to see next?

Writing a Mani clone, unfortunately, just isn't one of the goals we have with our project. Some features from Mani end up in SourceMod and some don't. Our baseline for what we consider to be "required" administration features comes from a mix of Admin-Mod, and our Half-Life 1 project, AMX Mod X. AFK management is one of the things we have routinely decided, for many years, to not include ourselves (there are a number of reasons but I won't go into them here).

Luckily SourceMod's inherent extensibility means such additions can be easily developed by the community. In some cases Development Team members even release their own third party additions. If you have a specific feature request you can always run it by us and we can mull it over, but there's no guarantee we ourselves will personally implement every feature everyone wants.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 01-02-2008 at 20:05.
Gruzilkin
Old 01-03-2008 , 04:25   Re: What do you want to see next?

Quote:
Our baseline for what we consider to be "required" administration features comes from a mix of Admin-Mod, and our Half-Life 1 project, AMX Mod X.
that's even better, but still, default SM plugin pack isn't even near to AMX...

Quote:
If you have a specific feature request you can always run it by us and we can mull it over, but there's no guarantee we ourselves will personally implement every feature everyone wants.
I'm not saying that you yourself have to write all the plugins... but you can include "third party plugins" into the default SM package, if those plugins have some essential functionality
LocutusH
Old 01-17-2008 , 02:23   Re: What do you want to see next?

A feature that saves non-permanent bans :S
Old 01-22-2008 , 18:18   Re: What do you want to see next?

i would like better support for my voodoo 3