[TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2014 , 13:59   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobis View Post
I tried to delete the TF2_Stats.smx plugin and replace it with playerranks.smx but my server still has lag spikes. Same lags with 1.6 stable and 1.7 dev:

Plugins used:
Yes i have had to remove my Stats plugin since using 1.6 versions. TF2_Stats and Player Ranks both cause slow down on the Server once a few players are on. It may have something to do with Sqlite but not sure yet and still haven't found a fix for it as of yet.

- Lob

Last edited by Lob (UK; 09-13-2014 at 14:02.
Aderic
Old 09-13-2014 , 19:57   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
Yes i have had to remove my Stats plugin since using 1.6 versions. TF2_Stats and Player Ranks both cause slow down on the Server once a few players are on. It may have something to do with Sqlite but not sure yet and still haven't found a fix for it as of yet.

- Lob
I am the person who made Player Ranks; though I can't for the life of me figure out why it would be causing any slowdown for you. All queries are threaded, which means the server should not be delayed and forced to wait on anything.

I run it on my own server so maybe we can find something in common..

My server is Linux
SourceMod 1.6.2-dev+4562
Metamod:Source version 1.10.3-dev
Old 09-14-2014 , 02:48   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #153

I've gotta ask this question but it seems like my start parameters doesn't work, any help?

Happened when the 9/10/2014 update was released.

Last edited by The Unusual Gold; 08-12-2015 at 10:48. Reason: Capitalizing errors
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 09-14-2014 , 02:56   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unusual Gold View Post
Ive Gotta Ask Do Anyone Of You Know Why My Paramenters Aren't Working. They Stopped Working With This
9/10/2014 Update :/

(Im Danish So If I Spelled Something Wrong You Know Why)
What parameters? Also do not Speak In All Caps Like This. Only the first word of a sentence and the letter I by itself is capitalized.

Last edited by Sreaper; 09-14-2014 at 02:56.
The Unusual Gold
Old 09-14-2014 , 03:24   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
What parameters? Also do not Speak In All Caps Like This. Only the first word of a sentence and the letter I by itself is capitalized.
C:\TF2Server\tf2\srcds.exe -game tf +sv pure 0 +mapcyclefile Mapcycle.txt +map koth_lakeside_event +login anonymous

That is what i use to start my server but the +map and +sv pure doesn't work.

But also my SteamIDs is messed up again because of this update so do i just need to wait for a SourceMod and MetaMod update?

Last edited by The Unusual Gold; 09-14-2014 at 03:48.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2014 , 07:34   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
I am the person who made Player Ranks; though I can't for the life of me figure out why it would be causing any slowdown for you. All queries are threaded, which means the server should not be delayed and forced to wait on anything.

My server is Linux
SourceMod 1.6.2-dev+4562
Important to remember that it is not just your Stats plugin that does it, it is all Stats plugins that do it. The slow down problem never existed in versions prior to 1.6. Never had any slow down for at least 5 years before updating to 1.6 versions and above. I had tested the 1.6 official version when it was first released and had to remove it due to this slow down with stats plugins problem. I went back to 1.5 snaphots at the time but then after the Steam ID change update, i had no choice but to use 1.6 versions and after trying out quite a few stats plugins, had no choice but to just remove them and have no Stats on the Server at all as all Stats plugins caused major intermittent slow down and made the Server unusable.

Server is Windows and and is currently using SourceMod 1.6.2-dev+4562 and Metamod:Source version 1.10.3-dev but like i say, all 1.6 versions have had the slow down even before the steam id change update.

- Lob (UK)
Aderic
Old 09-14-2014 , 08:49   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
Important to remember that it is not just your Stats plugin that does it, it is all Stats plugins that do it.
- Lob (UK)
I understand what you're saying, but I don't understand why.

What do all stat plugins have in common? Probably MySQL (or SQLite in your case).

Unless the issue is in SQLite itself on SM...

Hmmmmmm. I don't use SQLite, if this was the case then it would make sense why I'm not getting them.

I might have to do some testing on a local server to determine the issue.

Last edited by Aderic; 09-14-2014 at 08:51.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2014 , 14:33   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:

My server is Linux
SourceMod 1.6.2-dev+4562
How often do you query?
Some of those stats plugins are awful and query every callback, when they should only be doing so on player connect/disconnect.

2queries is better than 2000+queries per player, especially if you are doing that crap in a loop.

Last edited by friagram; 09-14-2014 at 14:33.
Aderic
Old 09-14-2014 , 14:57   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
How often do you query?
Some of those stats plugins are awful and query every callback, when they should only be doing so on player connect/disconnect.

2queries is better than 2000+queries per player, especially if you are doing that crap in a loop.
On client connect a query is done to get their score, and an additional query is done to get their rank.

Every update interval it cycles through each connected client, saves their score and fetches their new rank and finally grabs the top 25 users.

On client disconnect a query is done to save their score.

It's all threaded and pretty well optimized.
The update interval can be adjusted, but it runs every 30 seconds by default.

I used to use a stat plugin that saved on every action; teleport.. kill.. death.. It never lagged me either.

I have tested PR extensively to ensure it runs properly with SQLite, but my public server does not run SQLite. If this is something introduced with later builds of SM then I think it may be out of my hands.

Last edited by Aderic; 09-14-2014 at 15:01.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2014 , 15:50   Re: [TF2] 9/10/2014 Update Crash Issue
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
I have tested PR extensively to ensure it runs properly with SQLite, but my public server does not run SQLite. If this is something introduced with later builds of SM then I think it may be out of my hands.
It is definitely something that has only happened in later builds i.e 1.6. I was using the same Stats plugin for 5 years and never had any slowdown problems at all. It only started happening from 1.6 onwards. I dont think it is anything to do with the plugins. It is something that has been changed in 1.6 onwards and is possibly to do with Sqlite.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 09-14-2014 at 15:50.