Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Player Ranks

Post New Thread Reply   

jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2014 , 11:40   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #141

I'm on the new sourcemod. Yet it is still trying to use the new id. Take a look at our stats page.

http://tf2app.com/stats/
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2014 , 12:56   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #142

Yeah been testing this this afternoon and it seems to be adding people in twice now after the steam id change. It is adding both IDs etc.

- Lob (UK)
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2014 , 17:17   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
Yeah been testing this this afternoon and it seems to be adding people in twice now after the steam id change. It is adding both IDs etc.)
Is this true even after updating the plug-in to version 3.1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
8/8/2014 - Notice:
Player Ranks has been updated to 3.1. You will need both the new Player Ranks phrase file and updated web interface (if you opted to use it) along with the plugin itself (of course).
I ask because I have not yet upgraded myself. Unfortunately, I did not see that notice about an update until after yesterday's TF2 update. I have it completely disabled/removed until I am sure I can turn it back on without duplicating - or have somehow converted the data, etc.
Aderic
Old 08-22-2014 , 17:38   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Is this true even after updating the plug-in to version 3.1?

I ask because I have not yet upgraded myself. Unfortunately, I did not see that notice about an update until after yesterday's TF2 update. I have it completely disabled/removed until I am sure I can turn it back on without duplicating - or have somehow converted the data, etc.
3.1 was released before any of these issues came up, so yes. 3.1 will create a second record for each person's new Steam ID.

I have pushed an update; take a look at it guys and let me know if you need any help or have any issues.

You can choose to stick with Steam2 or use Steam3. I prefer Steam3 and just ran the converter on my tables, Player Ranks is working fine.
Old 08-22-2014 , 18:52   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
You can choose to stick with Steam2 or use Steam3. I prefer Steam3 and just ran the converter on my tables
What converter? did you just cut-and-paste into one of those converter web-sites? or did you have some query to do that?
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2014 , 18:56   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #146

Nevermind my question about the converted, just saw that in your updated OP. My server is a headless Linux install not sure a .NET application is going to work for me.
Aderic
Old 08-22-2014 , 19:04   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Nevermind my question about the converted, just saw that in your updated OP. My server is a headless Linux install not sure a .NET application is going to work for me.
Dump the table from your SQL database, move it to your Windows computer, perform the conversion and then import it back into your SQL database.

My server is also Linux, you don't need the program to be on the same system as the server. All the program needs is the dumped table.

Edit: If you don't have a Windows system you can send me your rank table and I will convert it for you.

Last edited by Aderic; 08-22-2014 at 19:11.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2014 , 19:21   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #148

Tested bothplayerranks_steam2 and playerranks and both are still putting me in twice. Test was done by letting it create a new database. It goes ok until you disconnect and then rejoin and you are then added in again and appear as 1st and 2nd in the !top menu. Test was done on Snapshot 1.6.2-git4558 on Windows.

Cheers

- Lobuk
Aderic
Old 08-22-2014 , 19:24   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob (UK View Post
Tested bothplayerranks_steam2 and playerranks and both are still putting me in twice. Test was done by letting it create a new database. It goes ok until you disconnect and then rejoin and you are then added in again and appear as 1st and 2nd in the !top menu. Test was done on Snapshot 1.6.2-git4558 on Windows.

Cheers

- Lobuk
Ugh... wish SourceMod wouldn't have released this snapshot... guess I'll install it and see for myself...

It has been fixed! Please download the new playerranks_steam2.smx!

Last edited by Aderic; 08-22-2014 at 19:53.
Weasel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2014 , 19:56   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #150

Thanks by the way for jumping on this, and for the converter. I will check it out as you noted.