Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update

Post New Thread Reply   

Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2014 , 20:20   mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #1

The server crashes when the server changes to the next map and restarts the server. This is causing only one map to be played. I thought it might be some of my plugins and/or extensions so I loaded up a plain version (no added plugins and/or extensions) of metamod and sourcemod and restarted the server but it is doing the same thing.

We have not changed any server settings.

This is very frustrating.

Any suggestions.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2014 , 20:31   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #2

oh that game, yes ok I would try this

Last edited by hamilton5; 05-16-2014 at 20:32.
Sgt.Soldier
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2014 , 20:35   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #3

If you loaded up default SourceMod, have you tried updating your sourcemod to one the of the latest New Stable Snapshots?

Last edited by Sgt.Soldier; 05-16-2014 at 20:35.
Doulos
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2014 , 21:46   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #4

Yes I did. I forgot to mention that the server is currently running MM:S v1.10.0V, and SM v1.5.3. I tried the latest builds for SM and MM:S. However, I did not try waiting for a map change before adding our plugins and extensions. I only tried adding them in one at a time and checking the list to make sure they were loading OK, and checking the SM error logs. It appears that some of our custom maps may be causing some of the issue. The cycle seems to be running fine at the moment - at least without any of our plugins and extensions running. I will do some more testing later tonight to see if I can narrow it down to a particular area.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2014 , 21:49   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #5

Just so you know, there are some vanilla windows servers TF2 and CS:S that are crashing exactly how you describe i.e. at map change, round start and server quit. My TF2 and CS:S Servers are all doing this since the update. It will require waiting for valve to release a fix for it as it is an engine problem.

- Lob (UK)
Sgt.Soldier
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2014 , 23:51   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
Yes I did. I forgot to mention that the server is currently running MM:S v1.10.0V, and SM v1.5.3. I tried the latest builds for SM and MM:S. However, I did not try waiting for a map change before adding our plugins and extensions. I only tried adding them in one at a time and checking the list to make sure they were loading OK, and checking the SM error logs. It appears that some of our custom maps may be causing some of the issue. The cycle seems to be running fine at the moment - at least without any of our plugins and extensions running. I will do some more testing later tonight to see if I can narrow it down to a particular area.

Just make sure to try the 1.5.4-hg4050 or 1.5.4-hg4051 snapshot(s), otherwise it is just the Source Engine like Lob stated,which Valve has to patch.
Old 05-17-2014 , 00:02   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #7

Run update and verify
-=Leb=-
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-17-2014 , 05:33   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #8

I'm having same problem on my windows server. my css servers crashes when the server changing levels. no error logs nothing. I can't tell what causing the crash.
I hope lob uk is right, but there is no temporary fix for that?. these crashes killing my servers.

Last edited by -=Leb=-; 05-17-2014 at 05:34.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2014 , 06:17   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Leb=- View Post
I'm having same problem on my windows server. my css servers crashes when the server changing levels. no error logs nothing. I can't tell what causing the crash.
I hope lob uk is right, but there is no temporary fix for that?. these crashes killing my servers.
It is simple to determine. Just start your Server up as a vanilla with no addons loaded at all and on a stock map. That is what i did when troubleshooting my TF2 and CS:S Servers and every one of them does the exact same crash at map change meaning that it is nothing to do with metamod or sourcemod and has something to do with the engine update. I validated all of the Servers too but made no difference.

Have to say though that i am very surprised that valve never fixed it before the weekend. I am guessing that there will be loads of windows CS:S and TF2 Servers crashing globally.

It will be very difficult to find a temp fix with it being something to do with the engine.

I am getting crashes at round end and round start on all my Servers too so its not even worth running one map with no map change for me as they will still crash. Servers are basically dead and not worth the hassle of starting them up.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 05-17-2014 at 06:23.
-=Leb=-
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-17-2014 , 08:29   Re: mapcycle won't work since 5/15 server update
Reply With Quote #10

you are scaring me now <3 . It sounds like the end of the world. Lets hope someone find a solution. I dont want to kill my community after 7 years been running it

Last edited by -=Leb=-; 05-17-2014 at 08:32.