CoD-Style Color Codes

Post New Thread Reply   

Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2010 , 14:41   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silesti View Post
What about just remove ^1 ^2 etc from player's name, so ^1S^6i^8l^7e^6s^7t^1i will be renamed to Silesti without any colors, just to make name readable.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=121287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
Additionally I noticed last night that when I spoke in chat as dead it didn't say *dead like the game (TF2) normally does. I don't know if that was because I was admin though.

Additionally the say and team_say with @ at the start (admin speak) displays the admin speak correctly but then repeats it to everyone in chat.

I'm guessing because of this that the / at the start probably also repeats in chat when it isn't supposed to while ! commands are.
Done, too lazy to upload now (plus, the world cup is on now)
Pickerd
Old 07-25-2010 , 00:01   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #22

You mean Quake3 Engine style colour codes right? It sure wasnt IW that came up with them, it was ID Software. We all were using these codes in games Like SoF2, long b4 CoD even came out. You see these codes in CoD6, because (wait for it.....wait for it.....) IW has rehashed the Quake 3 engine to death. Yup, that game that ppl praise for amazing graphics and gameplay, is just a heavily modded quake 3 engine - thats why you see ID software in the credits and licensing and such - thats the Q3 engine fellas, even b4 doom 3. To be fair though, it's so modded now its barely the Q3 engine anymore.

Last edited by Pickerd; 07-25-2010 at 00:05.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2010 , 21:33   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickerd View Post
You mean Quake3 Engine style colour codes right? It sure wasnt IW that came up with them, it was ID Software. We all were using these codes in games Like SoF2, long b4 CoD even came out. You see these codes in CoD6, because (wait for it.....wait for it.....) IW has rehashed the Quake 3 engine to death. Yup, that game that ppl praise for amazing graphics and gameplay, is just a heavily modded quake 3 engine - thats why you see ID software in the credits and licensing and such - thats the Q3 engine fellas, even b4 doom 3. To be fair though, it's so modded now its barely the Q3 engine anymore.
Really? You wasted my time posting that? Who the hell cares who invented ^ tags. No one plays Quake 3 anymore, so since the only modern game still using the ^ system seems to be CoD, then they are the ones he's copying... not Q3..
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-25-2010 , 22:44   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #24

I've almost got the cookie version of this done. I'm adding commands to toggle it on\off per player, set your current name, and for admins, list all the players with their names (so you can find people that try to hide).

However. I still run into the issue that chat commands don't work. Any chat command that SM would want to run like a vote or something will not execute with this plugin installed.

Does anyone know of a way to check if the chat string a player is saying is registered by SM?
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2010 , 17:40   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
I've almost got the cookie version of this done. I'm adding commands to toggle it on\off per player, set your current name, and for admins, list all the players with their names (so you can find people that try to hide).

However. I still run into the issue that chat commands don't work. Any chat command that SM would want to run like a vote or something will not execute with this plugin installed.

Does anyone know of a way to check if the chat string a player is saying is registered by SM?
You could do something with this on plugin start, store it in an ADT array, and look for it when a player tries to chat.

http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/index....d=show&id=806&
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-06-2010 , 15:55   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #26

Found it! IsChatTrigger()...

Ok here is my version of your plugin. I've renamed the plugin and version etc and given you credit. I've added a bunch of console commands to configure\help the player

Console commands
Code:
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_on", Command_SetColoredNameOn, "Turns on the colored name for the player");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_off", Command_SetColoredNameOff, "Turns off the colored name for the player");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname", Command_SetColoredName, "Sets the current players colored name");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_help", Command_PrintHelp, "Lists helpful information to the client");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_list", Command_ListUsers, "Lists all users with their real and colored names", ADMFLAG_KICK);
This version also correctly identifies *DEAD* players in the chat string, and it also logs the chat action to the server logs just like it would normally. I adjusted the chat (and team chat) output to match the normal non-plugin chat output exactly.

Only known issue is that Command_PrintHelp sometimes prints things out of order, i don't know why. PrintToConsole is the culprit.

*UPDATE* Found error where alive players could hear the dead players which is fixed. I also added a check on the text being said by the player, if it starts with an @ symbol it is not processed and sent through the normal chat system. Reason being that the say @ and say_team @ are ways for admins to talk to each other and this plugin was repeating them.

Current Version 1.1
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (colorednames.sp - 170 views - 10.1 KB)

Last edited by Thraka; 08-08-2010 at 12:54.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2010 , 22:45   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Found it! IsChatTrigger()...

Ok here is my version of your plugin. I've renamed the plugin and version etc and given you credit. I've added a bunch of console commands to configure\help the player

Console commands
Code:
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_on", Command_SetColoredNameOn, "Turns on the colored name for the player");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_off", Command_SetColoredNameOff, "Turns off the colored name for the player");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname", Command_SetColoredName, "Sets the current players colored name");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_help", Command_PrintHelp, "Lists helpful information to the client");
RegConsoleCmd("sm_coloredname_list", Command_ListUsers, "Lists all users with their real and colored names", ADMFLAG_KICK);
This version also correctly identifies *DEAD* players in the chat string, and it also logs the chat action to the server logs just like it would normally. I adjusted the chat (and team chat) output to match the normal non-plugin chat output exactly.

Only known issue is that Command_PrintHelp sometimes prints things out of order, i don't know why. PrintToConsole is the culprit.

*UPDATE* Found error where alive players could hear the dead players which is fixed. I also added a check on the text being said by the player, if it starts with an @ symbol it is not processed and sent through the normal chat system. Reason being that the say @ and say_team @ are ways for admins to talk to each other and this plugin was repeating them.

Current Version 1.1
Go ahead and release that as a separate plugin, and I'll request that this one be unapproved, replaced by yours.
Afronanny
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2010 , 17:08   Re: CoD-Style Color Codes
Reply With Quote #28

Please unapprove this, it has been replaced by http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=135088