Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Opening Info Panel in TF2

Post New Thread Reply   

Temmie19
Zero Posts
Old 07-04-2021 , 22:15   Opening Info Panel in TF2
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there! This is a really odd and random question, but does anyone know how to use the
Code:
showinfo / showpanel
commands in TF2 in a way that will allow it to work on the main menu? I was able to get the showinfo panel to work, but only when I was actively in a server, and even then I couldn't get it to load a file (particularly an HTML file), just an empty box with a title.

If anyone knows anything, that'd be really helpful!
Thanks!
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 07-04-2021 , 23:06   Re: Opening Info Panel in TF2
Reply With Quote #2

Are you actually meaning to get showinfo command to work in the main menu? The area with the find game button? I don't think that is possible. What are you trying to do with that?
Temmie19
Zero Posts
Old 07-05-2021 , 00:17   Re: Opening Info Panel in TF2
Reply With Quote #3

Basically I'm trying to open an HTML MOTD info panel in the main menu to create a modern server browser in game without directly adding a new VGUI object, making it more accessible since you could add it as a part of a custom HUD versus a whole mod that adds a new panel that requires the user to also install source mod. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but nearly all players will be more likely to add a HUD to their game than a mod of that caliber. Especially if it gets integrated into something like the build your own ToonHUD tool.