Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DOI] DeathNotices - display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT servers)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
FeuerSturm
AlliedModders Donor
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Day of Infamy
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT servers)
    Old 08-05-2016 , 17:50   [DOI] DeathNotices - display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT servers)
    Reply With Quote #1

Day of Infamy DeathNotices 1.1

Description:
    "DeathNotices" is a SourceMod Plugin for the recently released standalone game Day of Infamy that display death notices in the chat area.

Installation:
    1. Upload the compiled Plugin (doi_deathnotices.smx) to your "/doi/addons/sourcemod/plugins/" folder on your gameserver
    2. Restart the currently running map or change to a different map to activate the freshly installed plugin
    3. Enjoy knowing who just killed who even if you're running GRIT difficulty.

ConVars:
    Code:
    doi_deathnotices_enabled <1/0> = enable/disable DOI DeathNotices! (default: 1)
    If you encounter any bugs, don't hesitate to let me know!

Screenshots:

Changelog:
    • v1.1 - fixed displaying multiple messages for a single kill after map changes
    • v1.0 - initial release

Enjoy!

Last edited by FeuerSturm; 01-28-2020 at 05:21.
    FeuerSturm
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-12-2016 , 00:50   Re: [DOI] DeathNotices - display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT serv
    Reply With Quote #2

v1.1 of the plugin is up now!

Fixed displaying multiple messages for a single kill after map changes.
    Thanks to "gbBones" for reporting this bug!
    jballou
    Old 08-16-2016 , 09:10   Re: [DOI] DeathNotices - display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT serv
    Reply With Quote #3

Do you have this on GitHub or anything? Got some ideas that might make it better:
    * Adding admin-only display
    * Support death by artillery (says mysterious circumstances now if the officer has died)
    * Support clientprefs enable/disable
    * CVAR to only show messages for squad leader/radio operators
    FeuerSturm
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 08-16-2016 , 10:48   Re: [DOI] DeathNotices - display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT serv
    Reply With Quote #4

Here's the only place where the plugin is hosted, I had my plugins on my website some years ago but
    decided that it's easier to maintain when it's not spread across several websites.

What you see here is just a quick solution that I created on request, I'm still working on it and already
    have some of your ideas on my todo list.
    Rham243
    Old 02-15-2023 , 17:44   Re: [DOI] DeathNotices - display death notices in the chat area (useful for GRIT serv
    Reply With Quote #5

FeuerSturm are you on discord? I would very much like to chat with you briefly. I just had a few questions about one of your plugins. Thank you! If you see this, please add me: Rham243 #4562