Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sourcebans (version 1.4.11 fork for ban evasion edits)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Sourcebans with multiple ban evasion loopholes fixed
    Old 05-18-2014 , 23:35   Sourcebans (version 1.4.11 fork for ban evasion edits)
    Reply With Quote #1

THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER BEING SUPPORTED. PLEASE USE ANOTHER SOURCEBANS VERSION OR FORK (e.g. SB 1.5, SB 2.0).

Description
    I'm releasing this per request, but most of the plugin is not my work (because most of it is just default Sourcebans). As such, I am not going to go through the extra work to provide all the documentation, etc., but will instead link to theirs.

From my understanding, it is ok to release this, as was explained >>>here<<<. If that is not the case, let me know and I will take this down. That thread also describes why my plugin bans the game "owner" as well.

Ever since valve added "family sharing", there has been a major loophole in the ban system. A player can get banned, create a new steam account, "share" the game with that steam account, and get right back on the server. This plugin seeks to handle that.

Installation

Additional notes:
    • I have only been able to get steamworks (a required extension - see "Installation" above) on linux machines, despite there being a "windows" version in the recent comments. As such, I've only tested this on linux successfully. If you can get steamworks extension to work on windows, this SHOULD work for windows as well.

EDIT: Got the windows version of steamworks working for one server of mine, but not another. Install the base steamworks package, then add in the files found in >>> this post <<<. The one that isnt working shows the Steamworks plugin running fine, but it isnt working properly. Then, it works great on another windows server I have. That said, windows servers may or may not work with this plugin and is NOT expressly supported until Steamworks starts supporting it. However, since I've got it working on one of mine, it cant hurt to give it a shot. Linux works great though!

• All admins with "ban" flag with have messages printed to their console reporting any connecting player's Steam ID, as well as the Steam ID for the game "owner". This was just something I was using for debug, but certainly doesn't hurt to leave in.

• Anytime a player is banned, and they are NOT the game "owner", the owner will be banned as well with reason: "Family Sharing Ban for Steam ID: <Steam ID that player was banned under>".

• I *believe* the plugin still works without having the correct steam universe set (see "installation" above). However, it would be cleaner just to use the correct one and match the rest of the Steam IDs in your server/Sourcebans.

• Feel free to use my coding to implement the features into your own version of Sourcebans 2 or another plugin. Just please give credit where it is due.

• To compile the plugin, you will need to edit your sourcebans.inc file to add a new native I coded in. See >>> this post <<< for details. I've attached a copy for convenience though.

Changelog

>>> Servers using this plugin <<<
    >>> Click here to check out my other plugins <<<
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SB cfg Screenshot.png
Views:	1296
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	134346  
    Attached Files
    File Type: inc sourcebans.inc (1.2 KB, 601 views)
    File Type: cfg sourcebans.cfg (2.7 KB, 660 views)
    File Type: smx sourcebans.smx (35.6 KB, 543 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sourcebans.sp - 606 views - 81.1 KB)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 07-21-2017 at 16:46. Reason: Updated title and description with red text at top
    2NASTY4U
    Old 05-19-2014 , 02:09   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #2

Plugin doesn't compile.

Error:
    ThatOneGuy
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-19-2014 , 03:31   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2NASTY4U View Post
    Plugin doesn't compile.

Error:
    Yes, every plugin that has include files other that sourcemod wont compile with the online compiler. That is what happens with probably half the plugins on AlliedModders. Hence there being a .smx to download. If you wish to edit it, and compile it yourself, look in the source and see what includes it is looking for. Sourcebans by default already uses sourcebans.inc, which is what it was looking for. Then you will also need steamworks.inc. But again, that is why there is a .smx file to download.
    2NASTY4U
    Old 05-19-2014 , 04:24   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #4

Ok. LOL. Thanks for your help, but I am not new on this forums.

Look. I know what includes are. And I did't use webcompiler. I tried to compile on windows (SM 1.5.3). I used sourcebans include file (1.4.11) and SteamWorks include file. But your plugin does not compile, because you have a undefined symbol error (check my screenshot). So please fix it.

I will not use any compiled .smx file, if the published code will not compile because of errors. Many members of this community think that way.

I wonder how you compile the plugin. Maybe other members can confirm that plugin doesn't compile.

Edit: Same error with asherkin's new webcompiler spider (i added the required third party include files): Screenshot.

Last edited by 2NASTY4U; 05-19-2014 at 04:38.
    ThatOneGuy
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-19-2014 , 06:15   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2NASTY4U View Post
    Ok. LOL. Thanks for your help, but I am not new on this forums.

Look. I know what includes are. And I did't use webcompiler. I tried to compile on windows (SM 1.5.3). I used sourcebans include file (1.4.11) and SteamWorks include file. But your plugin does not compile, because you have a undefined symbol error (check my screenshot). So please fix it.

I will not use any compiled .smx file, if the published code will not compile because of errors. Many members of this community think that way.

I wonder how you compile the plugin. Maybe other members can confirm that plugin doesn't compile.

Edit: Same error with asherkin's new webcompiler spider (i added the required third party include files): Screenshot.
    Well, the exact line that it is refering to (SBCheckBans) is a native in sourcebans.inc. You can find this on line 118 of sourcebans.sp, and find the actual code in sourcebans.inc on line 42. So, youre doing something wrong, and it's not the plugin. Where are you installing the .inc files? They should be in sourcemod/scripting/include. If it is not there, it will not be found when compiling. But, the problem is on your end, as those lines are clearly in sourcebans.inc

EDIT: I did some investigating, and if you download 1.4.11 now, someone has tampered with the files and replaced SBCheckBans() with "Yarr!!!!". Not sure what's up with that and if that is a joke by someone, but simply add in this to your .inc file where "Yarr!!!" now is...

Spoiler

The version I used says 1.4.11 (since the only edit to "version" I did was add ".TOG_EDIT"), but it seems that they updated the version online without incrementing the version number (even though the changelog online shows nothing about removing that function). The "Yarr!!" makes me really suspicious that it has been tampered with. Also, several of the links on their page return 404 errors. Anyways, add those lines to your .inc file and it will compile fine.

DOUBLE EDIT: Now that I think of it, I might have added a new native and forgotten about it (I did make this several weeks ago, and only just now posted it). My bad, and sorry for the confusion. As stated, you can add those lines to your .inc file to compile. Your entire sourcebans.inc files should be:

Spoiler

In fact, I'm pretty sure I did, since I was originally planning on making it a separate plugin from SB, so I coded in a native to use...then I decided to just code it into SB.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 05-19-2014 at 06:51. Reason: edit
    2NASTY4U
    Old 05-19-2014 , 07:42   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
    [...] youre doing something wrong, and it's not the plugin. [...]
    Peace-Maker
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 05-19-2014 , 08:56   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #7

There's never been a native like that in SourceBans ;)
    You should give the SB1.5 plugins a try. This makes additional features easier to add.

Those GetIndexBySteamID and HasFlags stocks are really strange.
    You shouldn't be using strings when you already have the more efficent integer representation at hand!

The attached sample requires the SB1.5 or SB2 include file.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sb_familysharing.sp - 475 views - 2.4 KB)

Last edited by Peace-Maker; 03-26-2015 at 17:51. Reason: Fixed critical typo in plugin
    ThatOneGuy
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-19-2014 , 15:03   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peace-Maker View Post
    There's never been a native like that in SourceBans ;)
    You should give the SB1.5 plugins a try. This makes additional features easier to add.

Those GetIndexBySteamID and HasFlags stocks are really strange.
    You shouldn't be using strings when you already have the more efficent integer representation at hand!

The attached sample requires the SB1.5 or SB2 include file.
    The GetIndexBySteamID was one that was off of the SteamWorks page, and I didnt feel like recoding something when it already worked.

The HasFlags one is one I use to check admin flags for my plugins. It is useful for when you have cvars to designate what flag has access to something, and supports using multiple flags (e.g. HasFlags(client, "ast"), or some cvar with multiple flags saved to a string). In this case, it is not needed, since I'm not using a cvar to define the flag by letter, but it was a stock I already had, so I used it. You can see it used in some of my other plugins more the way it was meant.

Again, I was only making this for myself, but didnt see any plugins on here to handle family sharing, so I uploaded it real quick, and didnt even check over it, since I know it works well. My bad on thinking that native was already there, but it is actually quite a useful one and would be nice to see in future SB versions.

Thanks for the feedback though.
    zipcore
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-28-2014 , 00:13   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #9

A Menu which displays latest bans would be cool. Also with a unban menu item.

Old 05-28-2014 , 01:17   Re: TOGs Sourcebans
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zipcore View Post
    A Menu which displays latest bans would be cool. Also with a unban menu item.

Unlike other plugins I've posted, I do not feel like adding features to this one, since I dont really care for it, and only posted it because I didnt see any other family sharing plugins on here. This was a quick make, that used mostly coding that was already done, and only half of the new coding is my work. As such, if you would like to see new features, feel free to modify the plugin or just use the bits and pieces you need. I had no intentions of ever releasing this, nor have I optimized the coding or formatted outputs much, so as such, it is something I would encourage another coder to add features to. Seems like a nice idea though, but really, that's what the online SB page is for.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 05-28-2014 at 01:19.