Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4D2 Mutations

Post New Thread Reply   

terminator2k2
Old 04-26-2010 , 15:53   Re: L4D2 Mutations
Reply With Quote #31

do u need to change your client files aswell?

if so , i im not going to bother as then every one who goes on the server needs them.....

also without putting the files client side ive found the passing is broken....map isnt the same as server......
ne0cha0s
Old 04-26-2010 , 21:59   Re: L4D2 Mutations
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
do u need to change your client files aswell?

if so , i im not going to bother as then every one who goes on the server needs them.....

also without putting the files client side ive found the passing is broken....map isnt the same as server......
yes, to be able to play the different mutations on your server with this mod, you would need the files on both the server and the client

SkaP
Old 04-26-2010 , 23:04   Re: L4D2 Mutations
Reply With Quote #33

Easiest way to do run the mutations is to set it in your config before hand for mp_gamemode and sv_gametypes this way you can easily load from a lobby.

So setting

sv_gametypes "mutation12"

in my serverconfig and

sm_cvar mp_gamemode mutation12

in my sourcemod config and start a regualar versus lobby it will load to Realism VS no matter what. I checked it for the normal 4 that work but it should work for all of them just make sure you use COOP lobbies and VS lobbies as needed.
kwski43
Old 04-27-2010 , 02:09   Re: L4D2 Mutations
Reply With Quote #34

Everything works fine for me server side, make sure u have sv_pure and sv_consistency[i dont remember the cvar] to 0.
Old 05-02-2010 , 07:36   Re: L4D2 Mutations
Reply With Quote #35

the mutation pak01_dir.vpk really needs to be fixed after the latest valve update! :F
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
GaNi
BANNED
Old 05-10-2010 , 12:55   Re: L4D2 Mutations
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by satannuts View Post
thats because the menu file isn't complete... l4d360ui_tu_english.txt
the complete menu would look like this:
Code:
"L4D360UI_Mutation1_Component"                                                "Last Man on Earth"
"L4D360UI_Mutation2_Component"                                                "Headshot!"
"L4D360UI_Mutation3_Component"                                                "Bleed Out"
"L4D360UI_Mutation4_Component"                                                "Hard Eight"
"L4D360UI_Mutation5_Component"                                                "Four Swordsmen"
"L4D360UI_Mutation6_Component"                                                "Ultra Realism"
"L4D360UI_Mutation7_Component"                                                "Chainsaw Massacre"
"L4D360UI_Mutation8_Component"                                                "Iron Man"
"L4D360UI_Mutation9_Component"                                                "Last Gnome On Earth"
"L4D360UI_Mutation10_Component"                                                "Room For One"
"L4D360UI_Mutation11_Component"                                                "Healthpackalypse!"
"L4D360UI_Mutation12_Component"                                                "Realism Versus"
"L4D360UI_Mutation13_Component"                                                "Follow the Liter"
"L4D360UI_Mutation14_Component"                                                "Gib Fest"
"L4D360UI_Mutation15_Component"                                                "Versus Survival"

}
The Complete Data wouldn't Look Like that. you need to Modify l4d360ui_english a bit more and arrange the gamemodes to their bases to Appear in Group of Shared Servers with Correct name......

I successfully did the compilation though. Waiting for the remaining 5 Scripts to Complete the mutation Collection...

@topic
I need Help regarding the Edition of pak01_dir.vpk. I have successfully implemented Server Browser but This makes " The passing Addon" to Unknown in Group Server List. This is the only Problem i am facing. Do i require to Edit the pak from the other sides of the file too ?

Is left4dead2\pak01_dir.vpk
and root\update\pak01_dir.vpk in some kindda Sync or something?