Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Anti-Ping Mask

Post New Thread Reply   

narutoramen
Old 07-24-2009 , 21:06   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #11

i can't seem to get it working... any ideas what the following means?

Quote:
L 07/25/2009 - 02:03:19: [SM] Unable to load extension "regex.ext.dll": This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

L 07/25/2009 - 02:03:19: [SM] Unable to load plugin "antipingmask.smx": Required extension "Regex Extension" file("regex.ext") not running
Old 07-25-2009 , 01:21   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #12

Hy can you make it to work with Sourcebans?
So that the bans are aded to the database.
atom0s
Old 07-25-2009 , 10:16   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoramen View Post
i can't seem to get it working... any ideas what the following means?
Whoops, forgot to add that. The new version requires the RegEx extension to be loaded in order to work. You should have, with SourceMod 1.2.x, regex.ext.dll inside your addons/sourcemod/extensions folder. If not, redownload the SourceMod package and place that dll in your folder.

You should fully upgrade to 1.2.1 if you haven't done so already as well.

I don't recall having to configure anything to make the regex extension load as I think SourceMod auto-loads extensions found inside the folder. Don't quote me on this, as I am not an expert with SourceMod. Anyone else that can, please clarify this if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
Hy can you make it to work with Sourcebans?
So that the bans are aded to the database.
I have not used SourceBans or looked at the code myself, so I am unsure how their banning method works. But, if I can find some info about it and possibly some example code, sure, I can add it.
atom0s
Old 07-25-2009 , 10:39   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #14

Sorry again for the double post, anyone that can, I have a quick question about SourceBans and using their banning system if it is present. I was looking at Kigen's Anti-Cheat source as I remember seeing him adding SourceBans to his code, and it looks fairly simple enough to detect SourceBans using the version cvar and adding a ban simply by using sm_ban:

PHP Code:
t_ConVar FindConVar("sb_version");
if ( 
t_ConVar != INVALID_HANDLE )
{

ServerCommand("sm_ban #%d %d \"%s\""GetClientUserId(client), timeIReason);

CloseHandle(t_ConVar);
    return;

Before implementing this similar concept of code, is this the proper method to take while using SourceBans? Or is there a better method. I just want to be sure as I cannot test it myself since I do not use SourceBans nor have it on my test server. Thanks in advance.
narutoramen
Old 07-25-2009 , 16:01   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
Whoops, forgot to add that. The new version requires the RegEx extension to be loaded in order to work. You should have, with SourceMod 1.2.x, regex.ext.dll inside your addons/sourcemod/extensions folder. If not, redownload the SourceMod package and place that dll in your folder.

You should fully upgrade to 1.2.1 if you haven't done so already as well.

I don't recall having to configure anything to make the regex extension load as I think SourceMod auto-loads extensions found inside the folder. Don't quote me on this, as I am not an expert with SourceMod. Anyone else that can, please clarify this if possible.
I already have SourceMod 1.2.x, and the regex.ext.dll is in the extensions folder... but still i get the error..
Old 07-25-2009 , 19:40   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoramen View Post
I already have SourceMod 1.2.x, and the regex.ext.dll is in the extensions folder... but still i get the error..
This is an issue with SourceMod's code itself if the extension is failing to load. I personally am having no issues with it on two different servers using the latest SourceMod version. Most I can say is possibly report that as a bug, or recompile the extension yourself and see if that works for you.
atom0s
Old 07-28-2009 , 11:12   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #17

v1.2.0 Released.
  • Added support for SourceBans. (Untested!)
  • Removed extra zero in version number.
I cannot test the SourceBan code personally so anyone that has it please let me know if it works properly. Thank you to KAC for his implementation that I used for it.

Also, narutoramen, to fix your issue, you need to install the runtime files for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 which you can find here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

The error you are getting is due to how the runtime was linked in the RegEx extension. Hopefully installing those should fix your issue.

Enjoy.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 07-28-2009 , 17:06   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #18

We have got some false positives today.

Teh 2 people rates were:
25000/66/66
60000/100/102

They weren't ping masking cause their latency was moving up adn donw as it should and no nonnumeric this were written in their rates.

Our server rates are the folowing:
minrate: 30000
maxrate 30000
mincmdrate: 80
maxcmdratre 100
minupdaterate: 80
maxupdaterate: 100

Last edited by PStar; 07-28-2009 at 17:08.
atom0s
Old 07-28-2009 , 18:28   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
We have got some false positives today.

Teh 2 people rates were:
25000/66/66
60000/100/102

They weren't ping masking cause their latency was moving up adn donw as it should and no nonnumeric this were written in their rates.

Our server rates are the folowing:
minrate: 30000
maxrate 30000
mincmdrate: 80
maxcmdratre 100
minupdaterate: 80
maxupdaterate: 100
The first client got kicked due to falling short of the needed cmdrate and updaterates. While they weren't ping masking, their rates didn't meet the requirements of the server. While the server temp. changes these values, my plugin doesn't account for that. So I will either remove the code that checks that or find a better way to handle it.

The second client however, couldn't have gotten his value to 102 on one of the rates as the client wont allow it. The max value for cmdrate and updaterate are 100, anything over that will be forced to the maximum allowed. So if they used 102, it would force down to 100. Using these settings I was not able to replicate the kick.

I'll probably just remove the code that compares the rates to the servers settings as it's not really needed.
Cedbru57
Old 07-28-2009 , 20:22   Re: Anti-Ping Mask
Reply With Quote #20

Hello!

I've a problem on my server:

L 07/29/2009 - 02:11:26: [SM] Unable to load plugin "antipingmask.smx": Native "CompileRegex" was not foundL 07/29/2009 - 02:11:26: [SM] Unable to load plugin "antipingmask.smx": Native "CompileRegex" was not found