Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A Simple Hands Off Campaign Switcher for L4D2
    Old 08-31-2017 , 14:55   [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 1-8-18)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hello Admin,

Version 0.15 fixes first round of Scavenge having no gascans and survivors not starting in the correct area (thanks to kot4404)

It's dead simple and effective at keeping your players playing. Currently there are no menus or configuration and it's pretty simple to just drop in and even customize. The idea is to keep players from going back to lobby by making it easier to stay on your servers. I needed a way to keep people playing to test something in ABM and the results are in, it's awesome.

At the end of a campaign, players can either watch or skip the credits and it's left up to the players to either replay the current campaign or shift on to the next. All campaigns by default are fully cycled through 3 times a day. e.g., 13 campaigns is 1 cycled every 32.96 minutes.

It is considered down the road to add more options and menus but until then, please break this.

The following link to the GitLab download will always point to the latest release. If you have any questions or feedback regarding CampaignShift, please try to keep them on this thread. You will always find the latest changelog here.

Thanks fellas, have fun!
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (campaignshift.sp - 1437 views - 17.4 KB)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 01-09-2018 at 14:03.
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-02-2017 , 06:22   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 08-31-17)
    Reply With Quote #2

This seems to have all the functions that I want. One thing I don't like about ACS is that it automatically switches campaigns. None of my players get to view their stats, even if I increased the timer of the autoswitch. Will try this out soon!

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 10-22-2017 at 11:13.
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 10-20-2017 , 17:25   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 08-31-17)
    Reply With Quote #3

Hello,

Here's 0.8 (Baby Jesus Approved)

[0.0.8] - 2017-20-10
    Added
    • - Replay voting
    • - By the minute rotation (e.g., 13 campaigns each at 110 minutes)

Fixed
    • - Premature map switching if > 50% clients disconnect during map load
    • - Skipping of the last map in queue
    • - Maps not shifting due to disconnections that never voted
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-23-2017 , 04:40   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #4

Is the rotation in a certain order? Like, would finishing Dead Center rotate to The Passing instead of Dark Carnival?
    Old 10-23-2017 , 06:16   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
    Is the rotation in a certain order? Like, would finishing Dead Center rotate to The Passing instead of Dark Carnival?
    Campaigns are done in order from top to bottom if and only if the finale players just finished is detected. If say, players are playing on a custom campaign in which you have not added to g_cMappings, then, the next map for that time slot will start.

In your example, players will go to Dark Carnival because the finale of Dead Center was found in g_cMappings. Since it was found, it'll follow the order found there. If say, your players were playing a custom campaign by the name of "Ribbit Ribbit" and they just finished the game, since "Ribbit Ribbit" was not found, the next campaign to meet the time requirement will go up.

In this version of CampaignShift, by default, all stock campaigns share a 110 minute cycle. So, from 12AM to 1:50AM on the server, Dead Center will be the next campaign players play. 111 minutes after midnight, it's Dark Carnival, etc. I did this to keep the maps somewhat fresh rather than always falling back to the first campaign every time.
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-23-2017 , 06:31   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    Campaigns are done in order from top to bottom if and only if the finale players just finished is detected. If say, players are playing on a custom campaign in which you have not added to g_cMappings, then, the next map for that time slot will start.

In your example, players will go to Dark Carnival because the finale of Dead Center was found in g_cMappings. Since it was found, it'll follow the order found there. If say, your players were playing a custom campaign by the name of "Ribbit Ribbit" and they just finished the game, since "Ribbit Ribbit" was not found, the next campaign to meet the time requirement will go up.

In this version of CampaignShift, by default, all stock campaigns share a 110 minute cycle. So, from 12AM to 1:50AM on the server, Dead Center will be the next campaign players play. 111 minutes after midnight, it's Dark Carnival, etc. I did this to keep the maps somewhat fresh rather than always falling back to the first campaign every time.
    That's actually a unique feature you have there. :O

Nice!

I'm enjoying this along with ABM. With these 2 plugins, I'm basically getting a 6-in-2 deal, which I know wasn't even your intention. XD

Nonetheless, good job.
    Old 10-24-2017 , 15:05   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #7

I encountered a problem. I don't know exactly how to replicate this, but I observed the following:

- Map was No Mercy finale.
    - A few players voted to skip the credits.
    - A few players left.
    - The server immediately switched to the next campaign without everyone voting to replay/skip.
    - Out of 8 players, 2-3 left, 3 voted to skip, and 0 voted to replay.
    Old 10-24-2017 , 15:43   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    I encountered a problem. I don't know exactly how to replicate this, but I observed the following:

- A few players left.
    - The server immediately switched to the next campaign without everyone voting to replay/skip.
    It may have to do with g_voted staying static while CountClients() is decrementing. I did this on purpose because it was meant to solve the following scenario. Say 2 people are playing and 1 votes to skip the credits and the other player simply leaves, I didn't want the player that voted to skip to be forced through the credits so I basically forced the player leaving to "vote to skip".

I'll take a closer look at what's happening, thanks for the heads up
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 10-24-2017 , 15:59   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:

- A few players left.
    I can't try this out now as I'm pretty busy working with some menus for this and other plugins but if you'd like, you can try replacing the following in the DisconnectHook function

PHP Code:
            SkipOutroIntercept(client"skipoutro"0); 
    with

PHP Code:
            if (g_skipVotes[client] > 0) {

g_skipVotes[client] = 0;

g_voted--;
            }

if (
    g_voted >= CountClients() - 1) {

OutroDoneIntercept(0""0);
            } 
    If it works (I hope it works), let me know and I'll be sure to add it to the next version with credits to you. Thanks!
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-24-2017 , 18:59   Re: [L4D2] CampaignShift (Updated: 10-20-17)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    I can't try this out now as I'm pretty busy working with some menus for this and other plugins but if you'd like, you can try replacing the following in the DisconnectHook function

PHP Code:
            SkipOutroIntercept(client"skipoutro"0); 
    with

PHP Code:
            if (g_skipVotes[client] > 0) {

g_skipVotes[client] = 0;

g_voted--;
            }

if (
    g_voted >= CountClients() - 1) {

OutroDoneIntercept(0""0);
            } 
    If it works (I hope it works), let me know and I'll be sure to add it to the next version with credits to you. Thanks!
    That seems to have fixed it. A player left during the credits after the The Passing finale and the server no longer automatically switched.