Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Timescale Fun!

Post New Thread Reply   

Greyscale
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-23-2009 , 01:21   Timescale Fun!
Reply With Quote #1

This most likely wouldn't make it into the 3.0 release (but definitely 3.0+ version if it gets enough love)

Please post about your opinion on the feature I'm about to explain. Why should/shouldn't we add this to the plugin?

Timescale manipulation based off of current game events. We can slow down time when the mother zombie is selected, or slow down time on zombie headshots. Maybe if a certain knockback power is exceeded, we can slow down time to watch the zombie fly back at high speeds.

Conversely, we can speed up time on certain events. This would ultimately benefit zombies, because humans would have a harder time reacting to everything going on when they are trying to efficiently run away while using a weapon at the same time. I'd need some ideas for when to use this.

Ideally I would want to implement this in a way that gives you guys the most power. I'm not sure how I would do this, and I don't want to code an elaborate parser to handle this.

Thumbs up/down?
Old 07-23-2009 , 17:39   Re: Timescale Fun!
Reply With Quote #2

Sounds like an awesome effect, if implemented correctly and at correct events.

Tested the timescale cvar on my test server. It worked, except all prop movements were REALLY laggy, and my running speed didn't slow down.

I hope this is just my server and not a global issue, since we should really go for a effect like that.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby