Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin: Superhero Merchant - BuyXP+

Post New Thread Reply   

whiteboikyle
Old 07-22-2005 , 21:17  
Reply With Quote #11

also u should add on a cvar for cool down so they can only buy once per round. just in case someone has bill gates or something

Free sigs for anyone. i can change the name to any of them PM me if u would like any of them
[x][x][x][x][x]
[x][x][x][x]
Send a message via AIM to whiteboikyle Send a message via MSN to whiteboikyle Send a message via Yahoo to whiteboikyle
werdpad
Old 07-22-2005 , 21:46  
Reply With Quote #12

i have bill gates on my server, its set to 15k. if you want it so they can only buy once just set it to 15k buycost and then however much exp. i did a little work on it, all i did though was put color in the amx_csay messages so its easier to read them

EDIT: what do you all think about a cap on the amount of money that can be spent? say the user has 32k cash from gates but the merchant would only purchase up to a certain amount determined by a cvar or hard coded variable?
Send a message via AIM to werdpad
jasonzhang
Old 07-22-2005 , 22:14  
Reply With Quote #13

So your the one that made up /buyxp plugin? awesome did awesome job!
Send a message via AIM to jasonzhang
vittu
SuperHero Moderator
Old 07-23-2005 , 13:36  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vittu
I don't get why there are 3 cvars to turn it on/off?
Code:
shm_buyenabled 1
shm_buyon
shm_buyoff
Also, why should people be able to buy frags? I also think your giving too much hp and ap to buy, but they are cvars so...
shm_buyenabled is a server side cvar, that you can use to disable the entire plugin in the config file, or at the server console.
shm_buyon and shm_buyoff are client side admin commands to enabled or disable the entire plugin
If it's a server side cvar should be sv_ something like sv_shmerch or sv_shmerchant, something like that anyway. Also, so it's distinguished from the rest.

And shm_buyon shm_buyoff could be made into one cvar like say shm_enable, shm_buyenable or etc. with commands 0/1/on/off

I still don't get the buying frags thing....
Send a message via AIM to vittu Send a message via MSN to vittu Send a message via Yahoo to vittu
yang
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2005 , 13:48  
Reply With Quote #15

the buying frag part is what v3x made over at amxmodx forum i think. could b wrong thou lol

the buying hp/ap seems like the one v3x made actually i didn't look at the code so i dunno it just seem to do exact same thing except u have the xp buying added.
Old 07-23-2005 , 14:16  
Reply With Quote #16

ok thanks vittu ill change that cvar in the next version.

i didnt know v3x made a buy hp or ap, i just thought id add them to the plugin for my server.

in the next version ill use jtp's suggestion and make it so you can disable buying individual items, and ill leave them all disabled by default except buy exp
imported_RaiN
Old 07-23-2005 , 23:45  
Reply With Quote #17

nice, i love the plugin. i hope you make some more awesome plugins
Send a message via AIM to imported_RaiN
ballafacio
Old 07-24-2005 , 01:05  
Reply With Quote #18

yes thank you werdpad you got my suggestion i ran it on my server its nice

Superhero Mod Server Saved XP, Fast XP, Buy XP(with cs money), and Bet XP Start with 10 Free Levels out of 35 at 71.107.148.122:27016
Send a message via AIM to ballafacio
Styles
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2005 , 13:06  
Reply With Quote #19

Anyway u can get this for amx i tryed to recompile it and i change the amxmodx to amxmod and i dont know what to do about cstrike now :/
Send a message via AIM to Styles
werdpad
Old 07-26-2005 , 16:42  
Reply With Quote #20

styles: im not at my machine right now, but i might be able to compile an AMX version in a couple days. i think i will wait until i release 1.16 though to add the amx version it shouldnt be more than 2-3 days until i upload it new version with the .amx also

fridgey: i dont know i couldnt tell you, sorry. you would probably get better replies if you put this in the general or off topic forums, or try other forums like steampowered.com, amxmod.com or amxmodx.com. if you wanted to set up your own server i could tell you what you need and how to get it started.

plans for 1.16:
enable/disable individual items (jtp's suggestion)
change shm_buyenabled cvar to sv_shmerchant (vittu's suggestion)
auto-bind F9-F12 for quicking buying of xp/hp/ap/frags
include .amx file

any other suggestions? i dont have time during the week to do a lot, this weekend i will try to put everything in a