Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Derek
Old 09-26-2008 , 06:39   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelev81 View Post
correct ,but there is nothing bad in this to have non steam server The cheaters are everywhere not only on non-steam servers.And vac is working like my granny walking :lol so what 's the point to wait 10,15 days one cheater to be banned.

Lets create something nice like my Ac but the problem is that is .dll and cannot be downloaded to the client.If you have to explane to all people how to work,download and install MyAC it's gonna take very long time and your server will be empty

I hope Hijacker will create something wich will stop the cheaters from loading anyting to the game

Lets get rid of the cheaters,we all hate them
+1
Game Server Hosting
bug
Old 09-26-2008 , 09:23   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
correct ,but there is nothing bad in this to have non steam server The cheaters are everywhere not only on non-steam servers.And vac is working like my granny walking :lol so what 's the point to wait 10,15 days one cheater to be banned.

Lets create something nice like my Ac but the problem is that is .dll and cannot be downloaded to the client.If you have to explane to all people how to work,download and install MyAC it's gonna take very long time and your server will be empty

I hope Hijacker will create something wich will stop the cheaters from loading anyting to the game

Lets get rid of the cheaters,we all hate them
I hope you understand that it would require a ton of work, commitment, high security, no false positives and maintaining without a stop. If you got that right then it would take years for servers in general to start using it (if they ever do) because players would need to get it as well and you need to earn their trust so they will download and install the needed files, so the work might never even pay off. As I said, something like that would take a lot of commitment, but it could be beautiful if it succeeds.
zhelev81
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2008 , 14:38   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

I hope as well,but how about something to be integrated in the game ???so the people can get the game stright and play with that version ??
Send a message via ICQ to zhelev81 Send a message via MSN to zhelev81 Send a message via Skype™ to zhelev81
bug
Old 09-27-2008 , 09:33   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
I hope as well,but how about something to be integrated in the game ???so the people can get the game stright and play with that version ??
We already got that and its called VAC. Valve will never ship an unsupported 3rd party anticheat software with their products and I doubt any other game company would do that either. But it’s not impossible, Cheating-Death was very popular when it was still supported by its developers but I have no idea how effective it actually was.
KillerSneak
Old 09-28-2008 , 10:23   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

So after reading it all i still have no idea at all how to use or even install this plugin (as it's not described anywhere)

And what's up with the sockets plugin <- also doesn't show anything on how to use or install it. TO bad that such a "great" plugin isn't userfriendly at all (why was this even validated if there's not even 1 hint on how to install?) Not noob friendly at all to bad.
HanoverFist
Old 09-28-2008 , 10:40   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

does this still work? I've had it on my server for sometime but doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm running the latest snapshot. It doesn't even generate the kac log anymore.
FrostbyteX
Old 09-28-2008 , 12:00   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Client-side anti-cheat is fail. It will never work; it will be hacked just like games are hacked; it will be easier to hack; it will be fail.
HiJacker
Old 09-28-2008 , 12:14   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostbyteX View Post
Client-side anti-cheat is fail. It will never work; it will be hacked just like games are hacked; it will be easier to hack; it will be fail.
Then why VAC cannot be hacked ? If its possible, then programmers of cheats will no need to worry if cheat is detected or not
bug
Old 09-28-2008 , 12:15   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostbyteX View Post
The same can be said about server-side anticheats, everything can be broken. But having anticheats is better than having no anticheats even if it can never catch every cheater.
Derek
Old 09-28-2008 , 14:03   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

It doesnt seem to be adding the bans to sourcebans anymore and it use to do that.
Game Server Hosting
Closed Thread