Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)

Post New Thread Reply   

Hakim Azizov
Old 11-16-2023 , 13:00   how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #1

hi dear alliedmods's users.

I think i posted topic to wrong place. Sorry for that.

How to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll, .hpk, .vdf, .dt and etc. files). I need to learn hard coding of game and to understand game logic. Is that possible? Can someone help me about this discussion?

Last edited by Hakim Azizov; 11-16-2023 at 13:10.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2023 , 23:12   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #2

You can't change the source code of a compile entity. It's possible to edit some parts of the hard coded data which limits what can really be done.

However, doing so may not be legal. I'm not a lawyer so I can't say this part with certainty.

Last edited by fysiks; 11-16-2023 at 23:15.
Hakim Azizov
Old 11-17-2023 , 02:31   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You can't change the source code of a compile entity. It's possible to edit some parts of the hard coded data which limits what can really be done.

However, doing so may not be legal. I'm not a lawyer so I can't say this part with certainty.
Thanks for answer. doesn't every game have special coding languages? i think cs 1.6 must be too. we need to find it.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2023 , 00:18   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakim Azizov View Post
Thanks for answer. doesn't every game have special coding languages? i think cs 1.6 must be too. we need to find it.
Umm, what do you mean? What are you trying to do? All applications are written in a some sort of programming language but that code gets compiled into a binary file (for example, an executable or a DLL). The code used to generate binary is not always distributed with the binary so you won't be able to edit the original code.

You do know that you can modify many aspect of the game by using AMX Mod X right? That is the whole purpose of this community, to modify the game in some way. No need to do anything with the executables or DLLs.

Last edited by fysiks; 11-18-2023 at 00:19.
Hakim Azizov
Old 11-18-2023 , 02:57   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Umm, what do you mean? What are you trying to do? All applications are written in a some sort of programming language but that code gets compiled into a binary file (for example, an executable or a DLL). The code used to generate binary is not always distributed with the binary so you won't be able to edit the original code.

You do know that you can modify many aspect of the game by using AMX Mod X right? That is the whole purpose of this community, to modify the game in some way. No need to do anything with the executables or DLLs.
bro i will explain this with examples.

Example 1: "I need a plugin which it can change 'VIP' text to 'ADMIN' text of scoreboard" , but i can't change, because that is hardcode.

Example 2: "I want a code that gives 2 or more weapons with the same csw_(weaponname) value" , but again this was written in hardcode

and other examples. I want solve of these problems , because i make Zombie Escape mode. I need the things I wrote above to finish coding the game.
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2023 , 07:45   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #6

won't work since its also client side. Which means all your clients will also need to download this. Not possible
Old 11-18-2023 , 10:42   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
won't work since its also client side. Which means all your clients will also need to download this. Not possible
i know, that will be only for my side but still i need it .d
and i learn some other things. the game uses GoldSrc engine, c++, c and assembly language

Last edited by Hakim Azizov; 11-18-2023 at 10:43.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2023 , 16:50   Re: how to change main codes of cs 1.6 (.dll files)
Reply With Quote #8

You can't do anything with any programming language because you don't have the source code. Also, you would basically have to re-write the engine to support your second example.

Also, if you do try to edit client-side files, you're more likely to get VAC banned.