Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Bazooka Advanced (Version 1.3d Source released)

Post New Thread Reply   

Major_victory
Old 11-17-2005 , 16:37  
Reply With Quote #11

i'm looking at how to maybe put in in the secondary weapon slot or the primary weapon slot. (most likely primary)

I don't want to put it in the knife slot because it might not allow use of the knife and i KNOW a lot of people would NOT like that

Secondly i wish i knew how to port to TS but personally i havn't even played it , i've only had CS for like five weeks. maybe someone who knows what they're doing will do it for you...(hint, hint, nudge, nudge)
Send a message via AIM to Major_victory Send a message via Yahoo to Major_victory
joka69
Old 11-17-2005 , 16:48  
Reply With Quote #12

Sounds good ,hope to see it soon.
Old 11-18-2005 , 18:57  
Reply With Quote #13

VERSION 1.1 RELEASED!!!

I got permission from mike_cao to use his gore plugin code so I added gib deaths to the bazooka plugin for that "realistic" touch

It can be turned on with "amx_bazooka_gib 1"
and off with "amx_bazooka_gib 0" (duh)

I also changed some more text messages for a bit of fun.
like if gib mode and ff are on and you killa teammate you get this message:
"OMFG's!! You just splattered a teammate!"

Have fun and tell me of ANY bugs you find, I'd like to have as abug-free a plugin i can possibly have.

HUGE NOTE: I have NOT tested the compiling for CZ, it was something in mike_cao's code and i didn't want to change it, so if this works fine for CZ then let me know

-Major
Send a message via AIM to Major_victory Send a message via Yahoo to Major_victory
joka69
Old 11-18-2005 , 20:22  
Reply With Quote #14

Nice additon .What about making break glass & breakable entities
Old 11-18-2005 , 21:54  
Reply With Quote #15

well i wanted to do that when i first played with it, but i have no idea how to do it...

maybe...(off the top of my head)
i'm thinking that if the rocket entity touches something it does damage to that entity, but then you have the problem of determining wether or not that entity SHOULD take damage, because if it's a door then four shots might destroy the door, and because the door is not set to be regenerated it stays gone until the map or server is restarted.

is there a way to determine if an entity is breakable? maybe by doing a check on the tags?

ALSO i wanted to make it so that the explosion radius will break stuff too. like if you shoota wall that has breakable glass next to it and that glass is inside the explosion radius then the glass takes it's amount of damage.

I'm also debating over how to do decals for when the rocket explodes on a surface. although i'm sure this is easier, i still don't know how to go about doing it :/

these are all things i'm thinking about.
joka69
Old 11-19-2005 , 17:19  
Reply With Quote #16

Dont know if this will help ,but maybe.
Code:
    if(is_valid_ent(ptd)) {                 new classname2[32]                 entity_get_string(ptd,EV_SZ_classname,classname2,31)                                 if(equal(classname2,"func_breakable"))                     force_use(ptr,ptd)             }                         remove_entity(ptr)         }
Old 11-19-2005 , 23:14  
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joka69
Dont know if this will help ,but maybe.
Code:
    if(is_valid_ent(ptd)) {                 new classname2[32]                 entity_get_string(ptd,EV_SZ_classname,classname2,31)                                 if(equal(classname2,"func_breakable"))                     force_use(ptr,ptd)             }                         remove_entity(ptr)         }
LOL! I got to almost EXACTLY the same thing, except that i couldn't find a way to deal ddamage to the entity. I kept thinking i had to use one of the entity_set_ functions but coudln't find anything that worked. I'll try this and see what happens

+Karma
joka69
Old 11-20-2005 , 00:14  
Reply With Quote #18

You should try the scripting help.There must be a way for it to beak glass in the damage radius.
Old 11-20-2005 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #19

well i got it to destroy itself and the breakable object it touches, but i want to make it go through glass and not through non-glass objects.

also the radius thing... i think i'll go to that scripting help forum now...
G-Force
Old 11-21-2005 , 15:39  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
i'm looking at how to maybe put in in the secondary weapon slot or the primary weapon slot. (most likely primary)

I don't want to put it in the knife slot because it might not allow use of the knife and i KNOW a lot of people would NOT like that
That would be really great, working on a nice server now and i really like this plugin. But it's so cool when it can be played on every map.