Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Create Edict Fixer.

Post New Thread Reply   

KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-14-2012 , 10:46   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
No one?
This will only help you if you don't actually have the edicts allocated. From what it sounds like is attachables are created but never destroyed on the player.
Helvetica
Old 11-02-2012 , 21:41   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #72

Can this plugin be updated to work with Metamod 1.10? Linux servers need this MM snapshot now after the Halloween Update and this plugin won't work with it.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 11-02-2012 , 22:14   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
Can this plugin be updated to work with Metamod 1.10? Linux servers need this MM snapshot now after the Halloween Update and this plugin won't work with it.
this is meant to work with css and im pretty sure it didnt get renamed libraries after the update
Old 11-03-2012 , 01:44   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
This seems to cause a lot of problems with TF2 (via one mikeey). The only game that it seems to be stable on is CS:S.

Are you actually using this on TF2 and not seeing any problems? :s
Helvetica
Old 11-03-2012 , 07:56   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
This seems to cause a lot of problems with TF2 (via one mikeey). The only game that it seems to be stable on is CS:S.

Are you actually using this on TF2 and not seeing any problems? :s
I've been using it with TF2 for about two months now and it's given me no problems. It definitely works as well, I was running out of edicts every 20-30 minutes after the Pyromania Update. With your plugin installed the No free edict error has virtually disappeared for me.

TF2's most recent update requires Linux users to use Metamod 1.10 snapshots, and this plugin does not appear to load with it. I've begun receiving the No free edicts error again, about every 20-30 minutes just like before so I am quite certain this plugin was doing it's job before.
KyleS
Old 11-03-2012 , 15:43   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
I've been using it with TF2 for about two months now and it's given me no problems. It definitely works as well, I was running out of edicts every 20-30 minutes after the Pyromania Update. With your plugin installed the No free edict error has virtually disappeared for me.

TF2's most recent update requires Linux users to use Metamod 1.10 snapshots, and this plugin does not appear to load with it. I've begun receiving the No free edicts error again, about every 20-30 minutes just like before so I am quite certain this plugin was doing it's job before.
I had no idea this actually worked for someone on TF2 Sorry for the delay. Try this binary.
Attached Files
File Type: so cef_mm_i486.so (11.7 KB, 327 views)
Helvetica
Old 11-03-2012 , 23:50   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
I had no idea this actually worked for someone on TF2 Sorry for the delay. Try this binary.
Thank you very much! It's working great.
Smarmy
Old 12-23-2012 , 11:45   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #78

Just got a crash in TF2:

Quote:
Engine error: ED_Alloc: no free edicts
But this will not work for TF2?
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2013 , 09:03   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #79

I've had numerous crashes related to this problem and have "installed" the Linux .so file in the extension folder in SM. Did I do that right? I don't see the indicated .vdf file as you've stated in the first post.

When I type meta list I don't see it loaded, so I would assume I am doing it wrong.

Last edited by Mr. Man; 02-23-2013 at 09:19.
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2013 , 09:25   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
I've had numerous crashes related to this problem and have "installed" the Linux .so file in the extension folder in SM. Did I do that right? I don't see the indicated .vdf file as you've stated in the first post.

When I type meta list I don't see it loaded, so I would assume I am doing it wrong.
This isn't a SourceMod extension, it's a MetaMod:Source plugin. I have my .so in tf/addons/CEF with the corresponding .vdf in tf/addons/metamod.