Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Metamod] Set/change player team in HLDM-ish teamplay

Post New Thread Reply   

carlosuh
Old 09-17-2018 , 22:51   [Metamod] Set/change player team in HLDM-ish teamplay
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, i'm adding HPB Bots compatibility to a mod called Wanted!. Everything is working good on deathmatch but in Capture the Chicken mode, the bots join directly to the #UNASSIGNED team and can't switch to another one. (Human players join directly to Team A).

This mod has a different way for choosing teams: The player joins the game and a HUD menu appears (exactly like amx mod menu), with three options, team A (slot1), team B (slot2) and random (slot5).

The problem is that i can't find a way to force the bots to switch to another team, tried faking client commands, setting edicts, etc.. Is there any method within metamod that i could use to force this? Or is there another way of doing this?
I'm fairly new to modding with metamod and HLSDK so any help is very appreciated. Thanks!

* EDIT: The bots spawn in map after i kill them via AMX menu, but still appears in #UNASSIGNED team in the scoreboard.

Last edited by carlosuh; 09-18-2018 at 16:15.
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2018 , 14:40   Re: [Metamod] Set/change player team in HLDM-ish teamplay
Reply With Quote #2

Change cvar bot_join_team.

carlosuh
Old 09-18-2018 , 16:15   Re: [Metamod] Set/change player team in HLDM-ish teamplay
Reply With Quote #3

Hey thanks for answering. Setting the cvar bot_join_team didn't work.. I didn't knew HPB used this cvar.

The bots spawn in map after i killed them via AMX menu, but still shows in #UNASSIGNED team in the scoreboard.
CrazY.
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2018 , 16:36   Re: [Metamod] Set/change player team in HLDM-ish teamplay
Reply With Quote #4

I suppose you're running default bots or they are a modified bot?

carlosuh
Old 09-18-2018 , 18:02   Re: [Metamod] Set/change player team in HLDM-ish teamplay
Reply With Quote #5

They are default bots from HPB bots github. As metamod plugin