Colored "say" and "say_team"

Post New Thread Reply   

Janet Jackson
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2005 , 03:06  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal.Killer
Sorry Janet - just want to make sure from what I read.. did your chat appear in console? as in, it could be read by people who may have missed it?
Sorry, forgot to mention this : yes, it does.
Old 05-25-2005 , 03:14  
Reply With Quote #12

Intersting problem..

whether this is adminlisten or not, I dont know

Join T - Saw CT type as red, and T type as red

HLSW chat log --> Non-existant, this plugin blocks chat from being logged by the console.

eeep...

Edit: WEIRDEST glitch.. So I posted this after checking the above.. I went and commented the plugin.. and didnt change map.. but all the sudden HLSW is logging chat again.. so ... I dont knwo whats going on.

EDIT: scratch above.. a different admin paused the plugin, that allowed the text to be logged again by HLSW.. so it is the plugin blocking it.
kid741010
Old 05-25-2005 , 04:09  
Reply With Quote #13

okay , i see
thanks
that's good plugin
BlueRaja
Old 05-25-2005 , 20:29  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal.Killer
Intersting problem..

whether this is adminlisten or not, I dont know

Join T - Saw CT type as red, and T type as red
-Uhh...is this happening for everyone?

Quote:
HLSW chat log --> Non-existant, this plugin blocks chat from being logged by the console.
-You whiney bastards...
Try it now. I doubt the text will show up under HLSW's chat screen, but you *should* be able to see it in the rcon-tab.
Send a message via AIM to BlueRaja Send a message via MSN to BlueRaja
Cereal.Killer
Old 05-25-2005 , 22:45  
Reply With Quote #15

I rely heavly on the HLSW chat screen.. and.. found one more bug (with previous, not new version)..

I run a plugin called adminslash.amx it takes your say command, and if you put a / anything after the slash is treated as a console amx_ command.. ergo, /kick = amx_kick but in chat, instead of console.. This plugin was blocking the slash command from working, even when placed above the slash plugin.

I know nothing of plugins.. but is this plugin more complex then "I" personally need it to be? or is all it is doing is changing the color? Just seems to have weird bugs for simply changing the color of text.. but thats my nub opinion lol.

Edit:I will try your newest version later tonight.. to many people on right now to be futzing with server.
BlueRaja
Old 05-26-2005 , 17:56  
Reply With Quote #16

Yes, this plugin is more complex than you'd probably think it would need to be, but that is by no fault of my own; the engine doesn't allow colored chat text by default, and even the fact that it can print normal text in color at all is nearly undocumented.
To find out exactly how it works, you could either look at the source code, or follow the link in the original post.

As for it not working with your '/' plugin...it should, as long as your chat message doesn't contain any of the three color commands (!t, !g, !w).
The newer version, however, edits all chat, not simply just the chat with the color commands, so it should *not* work, unless you have the '/' plugin loaded *first*.
Cereal.Killer
Old 05-26-2005 , 23:10  
Reply With Quote #17

Hmm.. could put your plugin after it.. lol - Ive normally kept the slash plugin at the bottom, because.. if you put above things like atac, or stats... /rank and /top15 /me etc.. dont work lol... - but as for the chat logging by HLSW.. is that editable to that still works?
BlueRaja
Old 05-27-2005 , 00:26  
Reply With Quote #18

The color chat plugin works by "faking" that a message from the server is really from a player; if you look at the source code, you'll notice that I have to recreate the "(CT)," "*Dead*," the player's name and all that other fun stuff.

I could probably recreate the format that messages are given in the logs, if I knew what it was (I don't have time anytime soon to be messing around with CS again; I haven't played in many many months: too busy with school).

I graduate next week Friday; I'll take a look at it then, unless someone else decides to do it first.
Cereal.Killer
Old 05-27-2005 , 22:06  
Reply With Quote #19

That would be appreciated .. I simply cant use it if the chat isnt logged (I keep hlsw on 24/7 - helps me get reports about cheaters/tkers etc..

I look forward to testing anything new you come out with in this line of plugin after you Grad... Have fun with that
BlueRaja
Old 05-27-2005 , 23:19  
Reply With Quote #20

The chat is logged; you'd see if if you opened the log, or if you looked under the "rcon" tab of HLSW - you just don't currently see the chat under the "chat" tab.

On a side note, keeping HLSW open 24/7 is a very bad idea, as the rcon password is transferred unencrypted to the server whenever a command is sent; and a command is sent at least once a round, when hlsw updates the status. Anyone who knows your ip address and has a basic knowledge of hacking could gain your rcon password.