Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2004 , 04:40   Re: lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
NO. You CANNOT remove spawn points in CS Steam. Nor can you create them.

Don't do it!

Reference CSDM for a decent algorithm for moving the original spawn points around.
I know u can't remove them but I mean a way to to scirpt say move player to a set point durning the freezetime? like on de_dust2 place all the "t's" at Bomb Site "B"..

I think it would be fun lol..
Moving stuff around is not mod specific, you can do this without the cstrike module, and there are already tools for that. Use entity_set_vector(indexofspawn, EV_VEC_origin, neworigin) to relocate a spawn (or any entity).
But as Bailopan says you should probably not try to remove it because of the way Steam caches entities it "cares" about. This used to work, and probably also still does with WON CS.
SidLuke
Old 03-22-2004 , 06:20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
There will be no animation to put the silencer on (wish I knew how to do that)
Play with edict->v.weaponanim
Send a message via AIM to SidLuke Send a message via MSN to SidLuke
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2004 , 06:50  

Brilliant! That was too easy :-)

Thx, it will be in next release.
SidLuke
Old 03-23-2004 , 11:53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
Brilliant! That was too easy :-)

Thx, it will be in next release.
Aha ! I was right ! gj JGHG
Send a message via AIM to SidLuke Send a message via MSN to SidLuke
ann0yanc3
Old 03-24-2004 , 02:28  

Here's something that I've been wanting:

What about a way to determine if a player is shooting, and when shooting occurs, get information about the shot. For example, if I shot a wall, I could get destination of the shot and if the target is a wall, box, player, etc..

Let's say, the function is called client_shoot. The params would be (attacker_id, target_type, target_id, target_destination, damage). attacker_id is the id of the person shooting, the target_type would be either wall/box/door or player, target_id would give you the id of a player or the texture of a wall/box/door, target_destination is the vector of where the shot hit, and damage is the amount of damage done by the hit. I don't know if more are needed, but you get the point.

Why have this? Simple, to allow for more advanced player tracking and statistics. Wouldn't it be nice to know how many kills you got through walls? I think it would be.
knekter
Old 03-24-2004 , 08:31   A new function

Wouldn't it be easier if you guys got rid of #define TEAM_T 1 #define TEAM_CT ect, and instead of it returning numbers, or using equali( just make it return T or CT and then have a native set_user_team T or CT?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2004 , 08:56  

HL engine uses numbers to define teams. You can have almost as many teams as you want in your mod; TFC normally uses 2 or 4, HL Team Deathmatch can use any (?) number and CS uses 1 (t) and 2 (ct), as well as 3 (spectator).
There is no need changing that; it can't even be changed. Even if we wanted you can't return teams in a form like "ct" (strings).

Btw TEAM_T & TEAM_CT are not defined by cstrike.inc?
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2004 , 03:15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann0yanc3
What about a way to determine if a player is shooting, and when shooting occurs, get information about the shot. For example, if I shot a wall, I could get destination of the shot and if the target is a wall, box, player, etc..
You could hook an event like CurWeapon or maybe Damage; do a TraceLine and you will receive whatever you hit, if anything. Textures are a no go though, trace_line() returns an entity if an entity is hit, or 0. So if an entity is hit, see if it is a player. You would have to account for hit zones also. Kind of an interesting topic, but I wonder what effects this will have on performance if you would run at least one traceline for every shot fired.
Closed Thread