Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

list gg maps + my .res file for the maps

Post New Thread Reply   

Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 05-24-2007 , 16:54   Re: list gg maps + my .res file for the maps
Reply With Quote #31

Try this map: fy_iceworld (of cource without .res-file). You aren't able to play the map with a fresh cs install until a .res forces players to download de_vegas.wad. This is just one example.

Another example: you use resgen to generate .res files, copying them without re-editing to your server. Using a webserver delivering an individual 404-page brings other problems to your players: CS downloads the 404-html-file (in fact, CS gets "a file") and saves them (e.g. wads/sprites/models included in the bsp, but put into the .res by resgen). This brings an error+clientcrash until the player deletes the files manually.

You see, it's some work to make working .res files.

Last but not least: I disagree on simply renaming maps for the use on a gungame server (e.g. fy_pool_day > gg_fy_pool_day or fy_mini_inferno > gg_mini_inferno).
It would be ok, if someone made some work instead of just renaming the maps: Using an ent-editor to remove the groundweapons or increase spawnpoints to 16/16.
But I experienced that most of the so-called "GG mappacks" doesn't include any of these changes, just the mapname was changed.

So I have to agree with Vordrix - if someone makes a mappack, finish the job.
Vordrix
Old 05-25-2007 , 10:43   Re: list gg maps + my .res file for the maps
Reply With Quote #32

Thank you.

http://www.ddcz.org
Send a message via AIM to Vordrix
slbenfica
Old 05-25-2007 , 18:34   Re: list gg maps + my .res file for the maps
Reply With Quote #33

well, the mappack i posted here works great in my server, and i cheked the missing files and created the .res files for it, if missing some .res files is because in my server dont missed, maybe i allready have for other maps or like that, sorry for that, next time i try to do beter, but most of the maps i posted are ok i think, long work to do that in my server!!
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 05-25-2007 , 22:04   Re: list gg maps + my .res file for the maps
Reply With Quote #34

This pack is missing some wads. I have already seen 2 that has appeared as missing. de_vegas and es_trinity

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2007 , 23:01   Re: list gg maps + my .res file for the maps
Reply With Quote #35

I took the liberty of uploading the 100 MB file to my personal webspace. It can be accessed directly without worries to registering on my site, in fact, I'll give direct link :-).

http://www.bndclan.net/files/gun_gam...s+mapcycle.rar

Also, my sv_downloadurl site @ http://bndclan.nuclearfallout.net/server/ has just about every wad I've ever used :-), including de_vegas.wad and es_trinity.wad. It also has tons of maps/models/etc...

My GunGame server IP: gg.bndclan.net:27015 or 64.182.137.130:27015

Slmclarengt

P.S. That file took about 40 Minutes to upload :-) wow, guess that's what happens when you actively use your internet as it uploads.

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!

Last edited by slmclarengt; 05-25-2007 at 23:07.
Nikolasr
Old 04-20-2008 , 14:46   Re: list gg maps + my .res file for the maps
Reply With Quote #36

tnx