Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Rune Mod Version 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

KiN | SuicideDog
Old 08-08-2004 , 18:29  
Reply With Quote #21

also .. add a cvar to that controls auto rune switching.. 1 would switch to whatever rune you run over .. 0 would make it so you have to drop the last before you can pickup the first. ..

Also another cvars...

nade concussion makes you drop runes (sometimes)
Arucard
Old 08-08-2004 , 18:40  
Reply With Quote #22

I will use this soon as I get home
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2004 , 18:53  
Reply With Quote #23

this plugin reminds me of the hldm ozdm plugin
Old 08-08-2004 , 19:58  
Reply With Quote #24

Currently, the next version will fix the following bugs:

Bugs with resistance roundoff (resistance now reduces damage by half on nonleathal kills, instead of doubling life. This is more like quake1ctf resistance, because doubling life doesn't take armor into account)

Bugs with haste turning off weirdly

Bugs with footsteps (I think I fixed it but I never had the bug happen to me so I can't figure out if I fixed it or if it's just not happening to me still)

Bug with dismay (honestly, I would disable this rune until the next version, 0.4.xx, because dismay, right now, hurts you, not your opponent)

New features next version:

-Programming that makes it easier for me to add new runes later
-Working on a single command that turns it off the plugin. (Is it ok if this is a cvar that doesn't activate until the next round? It'd be easiest this way, and probably fairer to players in-game)
-Working on autorune switching command
-Will consider adding a grenade induced rune dropping cvar, is it ok if the grenade is the HE grenade?
-Considering adding a new randomizer cvar which makes the rune drops more random, but less reliable.
-Considering adding a rune limit cvar, limiting the runes generated to however many is set, 0 = runelimit is off
JohnnyBoy
BANNED
Old 08-09-2004 , 00:01  
Reply With Quote #25

so does it work or not... i like screen shots
Send a message via AIM to JohnnyBoy
kaddar
Old 08-09-2004 , 03:45  
Reply With Quote #26

yeah it works. There are a few bugs here and there, but they will all be fixed in next version.

Next version will be released some time tomorrow, next version will include a new system for generating runes which does not require config files. That's right! You no longer need to install the config file \rune\ directory next version! I am going to include both methods for a few versions until I've gotten enough feedback over what is better, the completely random method that spawns runes in unaccessable places, or not very random method that spawns runes in places players can always reach.

Personally I like the first one better. And in testing it, it's much better for many maps, especially dust and dust2. It even works in maps like awp city, generating a lot of runes in the middle of the map.

The next version will ideally be the most stable version yet, fixing almost all the bugs up to this point. I'm trying to get to a point where everything is so stable that I can just concentrate on thinking of really unique runes, instead of just more damage modifier runes.
sanaell
Old 08-09-2004 , 11:32  
Reply With Quote #27

i ve see one thing

Code:
        add(message,2047,"RESISTANCE - doubles life ")

Why don t u use that
Code:
        add(message,2047,"%s - %s ",ItemName[0],ItemDescription[0])

and i give u that file it s for the amx mod x 0.2 version translation for french people
Attached Files
File Type: txt runemod.txt (3.5 KB, 147 views)
Send a message via MSN to sanaell
kaddar
Old 08-09-2004 , 16:31  
Reply With Quote #28

actually in the new version, that'll be coming out soon, that's how I am doing it, in fact, instead of doing ItemNumber[0], I use a for command now, which is based on how many runes there are, so it'll be really easy for me to add more runes, and thanks for the list, as soon as .2 comes out I'll make an attempt at french multilingual support.

Also, I may delay the new version until tomorrow because I want this next version to be big, so I'm adding some really interesting runes to it.
SirTiger
Old 08-09-2004 , 19:25  
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
this plugin reminds me of the hldm ozdm plugin
Hell yer, I requested this too at AMX forums inspired by OzDM
kaddar
Old 08-10-2004 , 03:35  
Reply With Quote #30

ok, the new version will probably be sometime around 110 pm est, unless I can't fix a specific bug and then test it before that time.

The next version has 3 new runes:

Seer: "People you look at are slowed, use knife to see opponent's vision"
Phantom: "Walk through thin walls, stare at people to become harder to see"
Kinetics: "Low grav, use knife to activate flight, pistol pushes opponents away"

Kinetics works pretty much perfectly. I haven't had a chance to test seer in a multiplayer game to see if it works as intended, and phantom is just plain getting you stuck in walls too much, so I do have some testing to do before I release next version. Could anyone here host a localserver tomorrow I could connect to to test it? If so, AIM me tomorrow.