Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Hero: Chubby Checker

Post New Thread Reply   

Partycat
Old 08-08-2004 , 23:52   Hero: Chubby Checker
Reply With Quote #1

Part of the Golden Oldies series of heros, (series assuming I can come up with more 1337 heros that have something to do with oldies), I bring you Chubby Checker.

The story goes, while listening to the song "The Twist", and remembering a comment in the SHero file about making storm spin you around, I thought, hey, why not have a twist on my custom SHero dice (to go with winning XP, or being Hulked (you can't weapon switch outta my hulks), or 'dazzed' for a long time), and then I thought better of it and just made it into a hero.

This hero has helped work where dephaser doesn't. Instead of being blindly scouted in the back of the head when you can't see what's going on, keep your wits about you and just have 'em join in and do the twist!

CVars include:

checker_cooldown -> Default is 30 seconds.
checker_level -> Default is 5.
checker_spintime -> How long you twist, it's set at 5 seconds. WAV file is 5 seconds.

I can't get the precache_sound to work through the plugin. Go figure. I had the sound precache through the seperate dice plugin I have running and I'm all good.

Running on my serv. no crashes, so far so good.

I also edited alot of the other plugins and corrected spelling errors, and changed Bishop to use the power in an array rather than a collective variable. I don't know if this has already been done (my files are old) but whatever....

Enjoy!

- Saturn SL1-WNY
Attached Files
File Type: zip sh_checker.zip (82.8 KB, 2083 views)
imported_TicoMeElmo
Old 08-09-2004 , 04:56  
Reply With Quote #2

Finally a new hero i been waiting for something new everything is all the same OMG I LOVE THIS HERO lmao its so funny they twist in a circle and its so funny there like whats happening!?! figure out how to make the .wav work!!

http://sh-server.tk 

Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 1 | Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 2 | Episode 3 Coming Soon, BBoY
Send a message via AIM to imported_TicoMeElmo
p4haze
Old 08-09-2004 , 09:05  
Reply With Quote #3

Try to make a thetwist.wav.ztmp file
hello, i am pm
Old 08-10-2004 , 00:36  
Reply With Quote #4

What exactly does this do?
Partycat
Old 08-10-2004 , 09:23  
Reply With Quote #5

I found one bug that isn't too important but becomes obvious when you set the spin time really high, that after you spin left, you'll only spin right.

Besides reading the first post, what this hero does is when you target a player with it, it sets them doing 'the twist'. They hear the song (if wav precache's) and they then turn left then right then left (in theory) then right again like they're doing the twist. Works really well to disorient people and throw them off your case.

People who phase through the floor in vertigo, hulk you and then g-arrow you, well, if you can hit them while phased, they turn and sometimes they'll phase into walls and die. Good stuff.
p4haze
Old 08-10-2004 , 20:05  
Reply With Quote #6

Did you fix the wav. file?
Send a message via ICQ to p4haze Send a message via AIM to p4haze Send a message via MSN to p4haze
Partycat
Old 08-11-2004 , 00:48  
Reply With Quote #7

Changed a few things, will advise.
imported_TicoMeElmo
Old 08-11-2004 , 04:28  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partycat
Changed a few things, will advise.
meaning .wav works?

http://sh-server.tk 

Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 1 | Weirdest Conv of my life: Episode 2 | Episode 3 Coming Soon, BBoY
Send a message via AIM to imported_TicoMeElmo
p4haze
Old 08-12-2004 , 07:07  
Reply With Quote #9

Where do i put the wav. file
Old 08-12-2004 , 12:27  
Reply With Quote #10

Goes in the misc folder.

I have made a few changes and I will update it in a bit...